Does the XL have more stock IR's?

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
I was watching cooper carters creative live videos and noticed that he was using a stock IR in his XL. I believe it was numbered 147. My axe 2 doesn't go that high. So are these stock IR's only available on the XL. Or are they available somewhere to be downloaded and loaded into user slots for the II?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. But non-XL/XL+ users get them as separate IR files bundled with the firmware. They're in a folder named 'UltraRes Samples' when you unpack the firmware.

I was watching cooper carters creative live videos and noticed that he was using a stock IR in his XL. I believe it was numbered 147. My axe 2 doesn't go that high. So are these stock IR's only available on the XL. Or are they available somewhere to be downloaded and loaded into user slots for the II?

They are attached to the firmware download file --> UltraRes Samples

159 stock IRs on the XL.

And there are 132 factory IRs in the non-XL/XL+ and 28 additional IRs in the folder in the firmware download for a grand total of 160 available to non-XL users. Off-by-1 error or is there really an extra IR in that folder, I wonder?

Great. Thanks. That's what I get for upgrading with my guitar in hand. Started jamming too fast and didn't even look at everything in the folder

Back
Top Bottom