Does the tempo LED actually flash in time?

Just wondering if the tempo button LED actually flashes in time?

I've often wondered this myself. I never feel like I can lock into the tempo by looking that light; it seems to lag or something. I have better luck feeling my way to the tempo with my ears.

The LED flashes in time to the Axe's internal tempo. You set that either by dialing it in or by using tap tempo.

i think they are asking if the blink actually matches the set tempo. it has for me in the past. i haven't tried on 6 yet, but i don't see why that would have changed.

are you guys using delay to verify if it blinks in time? because if you aren't spot on, it will seem like the light isn't.

similar to how people blame a metronome for being wrong...

Reactions: jon
The LED flashes in time to the Axe's internal tempo. You set that either by dialing it in or by using tap tempo.

I know. The light indeed gives information about the Axe's tempo. - and I'm sure it's accurate.

I guess it depends a lot on the actual patch, but I haven't really found the light to be useful for me in any musical way. That said, I've felt this way about these kinds of lights on other processors (the Eventide Eclipse comes to mind).

well on my metronome i can turn it to silent but it will still flash a light at me keeping the beat. I'm wondering if i can just look at the axe light.... i feel like after a while it loses the beat, so i would like to clarify this.

It doesn't lose the beat. It keeps steadier time than you or I.

If you dial up a repeating delay and key it to the tempo, you can watch the light, listen to the delay, and see what I mean.

are you sure??? if i set my metronome next to it at 150 bpms for example, i can watch the two go out of sync w/ each other, come back in to perfect sync and then repeat...

i would like to know if it actually blinks 150 times in one minute from one of the fractal dudes.

I have the same feeling.

I can arrange a track in pro-tools for instance, using BFD for drums, and tie everything to 120bmp. I then set the AFX global tempo to 120 (via the dial) and the light doesnt stay in sync with the drum track - though my delays seem to ?????

That's new to me. If two beat sources appear to be drifting in and out of sync, it usually means that the two aren't running at exactly the same speed; one metronome's 150 BPS isn't exactly the same as the other one's.

The tempo LED is handled by a low-priority thread so it isn't rock solid and the higher the CPU usage the less solid it will be.

The metronome, however, is perfectly accurate.

Back
Top Bottom