Does the FX8 work well with a Diezel Herbert?

I own a AX8 and recently I bought a Diezel Herbert MkII. Unfortunately the AX8 does not suit well to the Herberts FX-Loop.

Now I am wondering if the FX8 does this job better? Does anyone use a FX8 within the FX-Loop of a Diezel Herbert MkII? What is your experience?

Greetings
Jacky

I have a Herbert mk1, I use the serial loop on the Herbert and it’s been fine with the fx8 from memory. I’ll test it out again soon and let you know.

Can you switch the loop from series to parallel?

I tested with all 3 of the Herberts loops and all three produce the same insane amount of noise, regardless what I am doing with the AX8 I/O section, Humbuster cables and/or isolation boxes. It seems that the Herberts FX-loop design doesn't work well with the AX8s outputs. Other amps do work way better (Marshall DSL100 head).

I'll keep the AX8 of course because it's perfect for recording and practicing at home.

Greetings
JT

I have a Herbert mk1, I use the serial loop on the Herbert and it’s been fine with the fx8 from memory. I’ll test it out again soon and let you know.

Hi Rick,

thanks for your reply. I bought a multi-FX device form another big japanese brand which is working great with the Herbert. So currently I am assembling and programming my new live-rig.

I believe AX8 and FX8 are different when were talking about the output jacks! I didn't test the FX8 with the Herbert. But as far as I can say it shouldn't be a prob. Herbert and AX8 was unusable for me (spend a lot of money for cables and iso-boxes!).

Greetings
JT

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom