Does the FM9 have a factory acoustic preset?

I haven’t gone through each factory preset individually yet, so maybe it could have an ambiguous named patch? Just thought I’d ask because the AX8 had one.

I don't remember seeing one. I suspect it's because, to do it right, you'd need an IR of your guitar and its pickup to remove the pickup's coloring. They exist "out there" so poke around.

I'd build something like this (which is attached):

Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 1.46.47 PM.png

Use the upper row for an electric guitar.

Use the lower row for the acoustic guitar. Since the FM9 doesn't have an IR Player block, use the second Cab block for that, ignoring the Cab block's additional controls (unless you feel they'd add something). You could even use separate Chorus, Delay, and Reverb since the FM9 has plenty of DSP for them.

As always, "Factory presets" in the Wiki is your go-to for what factory presets exist.

Attachments

• Acoustic-Electric.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 99
I don't remember seeing one. I suspect it's because, to do it right, you'd need an IR of your guitar and its pickup to remove the pickup's coloring. They exist "out there" so poke around.

I'd build something like this (which is attached):

View attachment 111756

Use the upper row for an electric guitar.

Use the lower row for the acoustic guitar. Since the FM9 doesn't have an IR Player block, use the second Cab block for that, ignoring the Cab block's additional controls (unless you feel they'd add something). You could even use separate Chorus, Delay, and Reverb since the FM9 has plenty of DSP for them.

As always, "Factory presets" in the Wiki is your go-to for what factory presets exist.
Thanks but I meant as in a preset that you plug ann actual acoustic guitar into. But I’m going to mess with this preset. Thank you!

Thanks but I meant as in a preset that you plug ann actual acoustic guitar into. But I’m going to mess with this preset. Thank you!
I'm not sure what the distinction is. A preset is a preset whether Fractal supplied it or you or I made it, and the one I supplied is very much in line with the ones others have posted. In any case, you can plug an actual acoustic guitar into the modeler, run its signal through a preset and use the modeler's blocks with it.

Back
Top Bottom