Does the FM9 devalue the FM3 on the used market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure a grunt wouldn’t understand how supply and demand works…. the entire world over. Keep fighting them non-existent enemies, I’m sure it suits your kind.
1 - I wasn’t a “grunt”.
2 - “My kind”? I have a degree in genetics, I’m an EMT and I’m a certified pilot.
3 - My statement was about the closed off nature of China and that country’s manipulation of information, which is not in line with the rest of the world. You on the other hand immediately devolved the discourse to an emotional ad hominem attack, so that’s “your kind”.

I won’t be seeing whatever vile thing you spew next, because you’re henceforth added to the ignore list. Good day.

Last edited:
There are a few variables that will come into play to answer the question in its entirety! I sold my FM3/FC6 combo and got top dollar! Where I lost a few $ was in the reverb fees. That said I don't think I did so bad considering the FM3 had been a year in the marketplace. I think I have spent as much money or more converting my board over to fit the FM9.

No bother I look at this as more of a hobby now so I'm good with it. I can get the sounds that I'm looking for and powerful yet still compact package!

Wow! Aren't you the judgmental one?!? Couple of problems with your post:

1. Is he a "grunt"? If he is, how does that impact his intellect? Odds are he's more educated than you (see below).
2. Who even brought up global supply and demand?
3. Why are you injecting politics into the forum?
4. You insinuate he is not educated or intelligent. FYI, the average US service member has greater education than the average civilian:
View attachment 91286
I’d say he’s the judgmental one and I guarantee he’s not more educated than me. Probability guarantees that. I know many officers and they wouldn’t make a biased prejudice statement like he did, only a dumb grunt would (hence the high school education, which I wouldn’t claim as “being educated”). I’m not injecting politics, I just know based on his comment what his beliefs are. See? When you’re uneducated, your ignorance is shown to all just by speaking one sentence. I stated an economic fact and he had to turn it into a “China” thing. I’ll call sheep out when I see them.

If you want to get the best price, try to list it where there's not so many others, and don't be in a hurry to sell it. Keep your original boxes, take great care of your unit. I saw one guy selling one that had a scratch or 2 on it, and with all the others available in mint condition, I'm pretty certain his probably attracted the lowballers.

1 - I wasn’t a “grunt”.
2 - “My kind”? I have a degree in genetics, I’m an EMT and I’m a certified pilot.
3 - My statement was about the closed off nature of China and that country’s manipulation of information, which is not in line with the rest of the world. You on the other hand immediately devolved the discourse to an emotional ad hominem attack, so that’s “your kind”.

I won’t be seeing whatever vile thing you spew next, because you’re henceforth added to the ignore list. Good day.
Good for you, I hope you did actually get an education, although it clearly wasn’t business related. I’d say you have a skewed idea of how China works if you think that even everyday supply and demand of simple products are somehow “manipulated” in China. You should take a flight out there sometime, you’ll probably see most of the views you’ve been taught on China are wrong. And good day to you as well. Politeness will get you much farther in life.

I’d say he’s the judgmental one and I guarantee he’s not more educated than me. Probability guarantees that. I know many officers and they wouldn’t make a biased prejudice statement like he did, only a dumb grunt would (hence the high school education, which I wouldn’t claim as “being educated”). I’m not injecting politics, I just know based on his comment what his beliefs are. See? When you’re uneducated, your ignorance is shown to all just by speaking one sentence. I stated an economic fact and he had to turn it into a “China” thing. I’ll call sheep out when I see them.
Actually, probability guarantees that he's more educated than you...that was plenty apparent in my post.
How exactly was his statement biased?
You are absolutely being the judgemental one here, just look above at the statement "dumb grunt" and "your ignorance".
You did inject politics by inaccurately saying he was painting China as a threat.
Since you know what his beliefs are, why don't put them all down here for us?
I doubt he's a sheep and I have no doubt you only call people out from behind the safety of a keyboard.

Actually, probability guarantees that he's more educated than you...that was plenty apparent in my post.
How exactly was his statement biased?
You are absolutely being the judgemental one here, just look above at the statement "dumb grunt" and "your ignorance".
You did inject politics by inaccurately saying he was painting China as a threat.
Since you know what his beliefs are, why don't put them all down here for us?
I doubt he's a sheep and I have no doubt you only call people out from behind the safety of a keyboard.
Unless he’s got three degrees and a certification that covers four master’s degrees (which I know he said he has one), I doubt he’s more educated. And your post? I found that to be funny. I wouldn’t consider a high school education as being “educated.” Nothing against that, but how many people you graduated with barely got through something so simple or had average grades. Are they “educated?” I would argue many are not, hence your friend with the small view of the world. And for officer’s comparing a sample to a population? You can do that, but why not compare the sample to a sample from Fortune 500 companies, where nearly 100% of people have degrees?

In reference to “dumb grunt,” yes, I’m rude to rude people. I like to show them what a wonderful world this could be if we were all rude. Pleasant, isn’t it? “Ignorance?” Yes, I stated an economic fact based on historical economic fact and theory… yet he had to make a comment about China which was not even the main subject of the sentence. So yes, I know what he meant and what he was trying to do, but you’re more than welcome to try and twist it, that is your right. I assume that comes from you being offended by my comment seeing as you are probably current or ex-military (not too many civilians use a Chinook as their avatar). That’s understandable.

And his beliefs? I thought you weren’t trying to go all political in here? I could write quite a bit based on his one sentence of what his beliefs are based on probability and probably be mostly right, but dude, I was trying to comment about the FM3 that I love and FM9 that I will love, so I won’t. You can PM if you’d like to go deeper or political, if you like. And “safety behind a keyboard?” Wow, man, I’m scared, I mean with you being military and all…. Pardon me if I don’t feel threatened, I’m sure you’ll understand. Best of luck to you on getting the FM9, if you’re going for it, you’ll probably be able to get it before me.

I sold my FM3 and FC-6 within a matter of minutes after posting on Reverb. I knocked off about $100 per unit. I took the loss but for me don't need the extra gear. Very happy with the FM9

Unless he’s got three degrees and a certification that covers four master’s degrees (which I know he said he has one), I doubt he’s more educated. And your post? I found that to be funny. I wouldn’t consider a high school education as being “educated.” Nothing against that, but how many people you graduated with barely got through something so simple or had average grades. Are they “educated?” I would argue many are not, hence your friend with the small view of the world. And for officer’s comparing a sample to a population? You can do that, but why not compare the sample to a sample from Fortune 500 companies, where nearly 100% of people have degrees?

In reference to “dumb grunt,” yes, I’m rude to rude people. I like to show them what a wonderful world this could be if we were all rude. Pleasant, isn’t it? “Ignorance?” Yes, I stated an economic fact based on historical economic fact and theory… yet he had to make a comment about China which was not even the main subject of the sentence. So yes, I know what he meant and what he was trying to do, but you’re more than welcome to try and twist it, that is your right. I assume that comes from you being offended by my comment seeing as you are probably current or ex-military (not too many civilians use a Chinook as their avatar). That’s understandable.

And his beliefs? I thought you weren’t trying to go all political in here? I could write quite a bit based on his one sentence of what his beliefs are based on probability and probably be mostly right, but dude, I was trying to comment about the FM3 that I love and FM9 that I will love, so I won’t. You can PM if you’d like to go deeper or political, if you like. And “safety behind a keyboard?” Wow, man, I’m scared, I mean with you being military and all…. Pardon me if I don’t feel threatened, I’m sure you’ll understand. Best of luck to you on getting the FM9, if you’re going for it, you’ll probably be able to get it before me.
That's great that you have three degrees. There are all sorts of questions to be raised about quality of any schools attended though. The infographic I posted represents cold hard facts. Our military population is, in general, better educated than the civilians. It's a high tech battlefield these days, even for a grunt.

Up above you grant yourself the right to be rude, but earlier you were extolling being polite. Which is it?

Also, so far as I can tell, you are the only one twisting statements here. He made a very general statement about China, which he since clarified, and you come in and suddenly know everything about him.

And, yes, I do believe you feel safe behind your keyboard.

You really fail to see your own hypocrisy. It's pretty amazing.

No, I'm not getting the FM9. I don't like the increased size, despite the extra power. Hope you enjoy it, if you do.

If we're going to start implying having degrees from certain schools aren't as credible as others, then where does it end? What about guys who never never got a degree, but are much smarter, and more driven than people with pieces of paper with letters after their name? Jesus!
Plus, the amount of "education" a person has is, imo, a poor way of comparing people in the first place. There are so many other ways to measure dicks that it's kinda pointless to use the amount of one's education as a ruler to measure the quality of a person.

If we're going to start implying having degrees from certain schools aren't as credible as others, then where does it end? What about guys who never never got a degree, but are much smarter, and more driven than people with pieces of paper with letters after their name? Jesus!
Plus, the amount of "education" a person has is, imo, a poor way of comparing people in the first place. There are so many other ways to measure dicks that it's kinda pointless to use the amount of one's education as a ruler to measure the quality of a person.
Don't turn my comments into something they are not.
The intellect of a veteran was questioned merely on the assumption he was a "grunt". I take issue with that having devoted my life to military service. Your military (officer and enlisted) is one of the more educated demographics around.
BTW-I'm a huge Mike Rowe fan who, perhaps you know, is a big advocate that not everyone needs to go to college.
Finally, yes some degrees are worth more than others. That was the reason for some "degree mills" (ITT Tech) shuttering their doors awhile back when they got cut off from federal student loans (because they were worthless).

That's great that you have three degrees. There are all sorts of questions to be raised about quality of any schools attended though. The infographic I posted represents cold hard facts. Our military population is, in general, better educated than the civilians. It's a high tech battlefield these days, even for a grunt.

Up above you grant yourself the right to be rude, but earlier you were extolling being polite. Which is it?

Also, so far as I can tell, you are the only one twisting statements here. He made a very general statement about China, which he since clarified, and you come in and suddenly know everything about him.

And, yes, I do believe you feel safe behind your keyboard.

You really fail to see your own hypocrisy. It's pretty amazing.

No, I'm not getting the FM9. I don't like the increased size, despite the extra power. Hope you enjoy it, if you do.
PM me if you have any questions, I'd gladly respond to you. I'm trying not to clutter this thread with unrelated stuff that all the other members could care less about. If you're not getting the FM9, then hopefully you're enjoying your FM3.

Very much agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom