Does the FM9 devalue the FM3 on the used market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current value of used FM3 units in very good to mint condition is around $900-1000. You can buy a new one for $1099 and are in stock. However all of this will change if and when FM9 units become more readily available. The fact that they are not is keeping the FM3 market on higher ground currently. The difference of $500 between the too units if new and both available is probably not enough to choose the FM3 over the FM9 for many guitarist looking for a higher end modeler above $1K.

You’re probably right on that. I would like a 9 but the FM3 does plenty for me. Cant sell it now cause then I’m back to my old rig, which is really nice. But outshined by the versatility of the FAS products. I’m totally spoiled now and my guitar life without my FM3 wouldn’t be the same. So if I wait until the FM9 is readily available then I won’t get as much back most likely. Still might do it but I’m thinking prices would average somewhere in the $700-$800 range.

The same question could be asked of the three different FX3 units, did they reduce the value of the FM3? Does their availability make the FM3 or FM9 less valuable?

Market prices are set by whim and fancy, supply and demand, and the value of an object is whatever the seller and buyer agree it is. Some people want the FM3 and not an FM9, and some want an FM9 and not an FM3. Each device has its pluses and minuses and those are different for each user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom