ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
I believe it does:

I recorded this song two days after getting the Axe-Fx III with THE BEST IR IN THE WORLD which you'll find for free in this thread: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/the-best-ir-in-the-world-free.137347/

Good buddy Misha sent me "GetGood Drums Modern & Massive" to try out and see how I liked it. Honestly once all ins and out are setup properly it's really easy and fast to get amazing results. These drums were done super quickly only using the new "Turbo" function that automatically adds Nolly's processing to the drums. After that it's all volume balance. Actually saying that these are "djent drums" is not correct. These are rock drums IMHO and only after the "Turbo" did it get djenty so they're definitely more than just metal drums which I tried to show off in the first verse that's almost pop rock sounding. A bit cringey for me at least. :D I preferred the default shells for the kit and unsurprisingly the supraphonic snare sounded like the best overall snare in the program. I doubt there's a bad sound in the program.

As far as the Axe-Fx preset goes it's just the Friedman 2018 with this one IR and no post processing at all as in my clips always. If you have a good mic position you don't need to try and rescue it will EQ tricks. If it's good it's good.

One of my closest buddies started building custom guitars and he built one of these baritone 4-strings for the fun of it. Oh man it's super fun to play and feels like a broomstick in your arms. Is djent supposed to be this easy? It's impossible to play impressive solos with this but luckily one of the best old time dudes from this forum Amin Saffar @Hyper Planet helped me out with a sick solo.

Check it out guys and I hope to do more content in future. Still silent about future ML stuff though. ;)

Djent is not usually my particular 'cup of Joe' ..., but this really struck me !

Nice job ! Can't wait to hear some more ....

Djent is not usually my particular 'cup of Joe' ..., but this really struck me !

Nice job ! Can't wait to hear some more ....
So glad to hear it! To be honest I'm not at all sure if this can even be considered "djent". I'm not in the race of being the fastest guitarist or anything but I do love polyrhythms and it's got a low tuning so maybe? :)

I want to start creating more content. Been too busy at the studio so now it's time to use the new toys!

I want to know more about this guitar :)

I have a Warren Ellis Tenor Baritone 4 string guitar that I absolutely love. This looks like a more metal version of that.

I want to know more about this guitar :)

I have a Warren Ellis Tenor Baritone 4 string guitar that I absolutely love. This looks like a more metal version of that.
We actually make our own guitars... or one of my closest friends makes guitars (and I cheer for him on the side) in the same place where the studio is located where I shoot the Cab Packs. Right now we have 6 guitars that are in process and one of them will be my custom spec baby. This 4-string guitar was originally mean to just have a pretty normal tuning with the lowest string being an octave lower than the second string. It was my idea to turn it into a djent rhythm instrument. After owning an 8-string I realized I never played solos on that thing... I just couldn't enjoy it at all so if I was in a djenty band I suppose 4-strings would suffice. Here's a bass that's almost done but currently unfinished.

39245812_10156000602653040_6825642596094705664_o.jpg

With the 4-string baritone guitar the main problem was finding 4-string guitar pickups so we ended up choosing the blade style pickups. The designs are pretty clearly inspired by some our favorite instrument builders. Music Man, PRS, Kiesel... just a tiny bit of Ibanez here and there. :) The fun part is.. these end up costing like $150 to make and comparing them with the top of the line instruments, I feel like the difference is definitely not $2000. Sure my buddy puts a lot of time into these but that's the fun part anyways.

That's awesome. I need to get myself a djenty 4-string built at some point. You should try tuning yours in 5ths instead of 4ths. That's how my Warren Ellis is set up. It really opens up a lot of new open chord voicings, and you can play power chords with one finger. Also good if you ever want to learn some cello repertoire...

That's awesome. I need to get myself a djenty 4-string built at some point. You should try tuning yours in 5ths instead of 4ths. That's how my Warren Ellis is set up. It really opens up a lot of new open chord voicings, and you can play power chords with one finger. Also good if you ever want to learn some cello repertoire...
Cool idea! I'll need to explore it a bit more. :)

Nice work, really nice production values too! That's definetely an interesting guitar.
Yeah the electronics end up being the most expensive part of the guitar. Obviously work hours are what guitar manufacturers charge for. Cheers bud!

Love the sound, and the tune. On the 4-string and the tuning you wanted: Is that inspired by Wes Borland of Limp Bizkit? I remember finding out it was all over their second and third album, and being totally bummed that I couldn't really recreate it with a 6-string reasonably... his tuning was F#-F#-B-E, or three semitones down, and the 4th string an octave below the 3rd. Clearest example is their song Nookie.

Anyway, love it, and I hope you put more creative material out when showing your IRs!

Love the sound, and the tune. On the 4-string and the tuning you wanted: Is that inspired by Wes Borland of Limp Bizkit? I remember finding out it was all over their second and third album, and being totally bummed that I couldn't really recreate it with a 6-string reasonably... his tuning was F#-F#-B-E, or three semitones down, and the 4th string an octave below the 3rd. Clearest example is their song Nookie.

Anyway, love it, and I hope you put more creative material out when showing your IRs!
Yeah that's where the inspiration originally came from. The guy who built this guitar plays in a Limp Bizkit cover band believe it or not. He needed this guitar for touring so he made it. When I tried it, all I saw was the potential for a djent stick. :D

Back
Top Bottom