Does the Axe-Fx have a Power Amp insert option?

I have been trying different setup configurations with my JMP-1 and my XL+ lately so I am trying to determine if I can insert "just" a power amp behind my JMP-1 (the actual JMP-1 is inserted as an FX Loop through the effects loop).

I believe I had used this option a long time ago but I have not been able to find "just" a power amp to insert in my XL+.

I am starting to think it was an option in the Ultra or an early version of the AXE FX II.

Does anyone know where it might be hidden?

I might be missing it due to the name of the power amp.

The JMP-1 sounds pretty good without a power amp inserted but inserting one might make it sound even better for recording.

Thanks for any assistance :)

Last edited:
No, there is not.

The general recommendation is to use the Tube Pre model with all settings at defaults.

I just tried it right now and I found it does add something to it once I bring up the Tube Pre volume.

This can give me a working base for it, so thank you for the suggestion/recommendation.

Good idea to turn on the power amp modelling on the Tube Pre. Turn the supply sag up from 0.

Then set the speaker page curve, as from memory I think it’s just set flat in the tube pre. You can just copy this, and other advanced settings, off some other amp model.

It won’t be the same as that amp models power amp but it does go a ways to simulating kind of a generic tube power amp. I use it often with external preamps when I’m too lazy to turn on a tube power amp.

Back
Top Bottom