Does the Axe FX come with Pro Tools?

Question is basically in the tread name.. I'm buying the eleven rack until I can throw together another thousand dollars or so, but should I buy the eleven rack with Pro Tools 11 or just but the Eleven Rack and wait to get Pro Tools with the Axe?
basically my question is, if I order the Axe from FA's site, does it come with Pro Tools?

No it does not. USB drivers and Axe Edit are free, but the DAW is up to you. Eleven Rack and Pro Tools are made by the same company, Avid. That's why they are bundled.

No it doesn't. But it comes with:
- All new algorithms based on our new patented modeling technology
- Super duper hardware design with better intermodulation distortion and lower interphase coupling
- Indium Tin Oxide (ITO) LCD with superior brightness and contrast
- Custom black-and-white "+" sign after the letters "XL"
- Rich alcantara headliner with diamond-stitch seating surfaces
- Gluten and GMO free

The only reason Pro tools comes with the eleven rack is because they are both made by Avid and it's a bundle of there own products. I would get the Axe Fx and just get Reaper DAW for 60 bucks. I have pro tools 10 and after the new operating system for Mac came out (Yosemite) it doesn't work on my Mac any longer without upgradeing pro tools for another 200 bucks.

Nope! Just wondering. So stoked to get the axe, but I'm already spending 2k with the Eleven Rack bundle and an Atomic CLR active cab. Now I just need to make another 1k, sell the eleven rack, and I'll be set!!

There are a ton of fantastic (and way cheaper) DAW software besides Protools out these days

It was once the industry king, but those days have long passed. Tons of great stuff being done in Logic, Ableton, etc

Heck, for less than pro needs is pretty amazing what even stuff like Garage Band, Trackton, Ableton Live Lite etc can provide

There are a ton of fantastic (and way cheaper) DAW software besides Protools out these days

It was once the industry king, but those days have long passed. Tons of great stuff being done in Logic, Ableton, etc

Heck, for less than pro needs is pretty amazing what even stuff like Garage Band, Trackton, Ableton Live Lite etc can provide
Yeah but the bundle package saves me money on all three items. :) pro tools 11, the eleven rack, and the ground control pro for $950. As opposed to $350 for Pro Tools 11, $450 for the Eleven Rack w/expansion, and $300 for the Ground Control Pro

Save your money. Eleven Rack is meh and so is the watered down version of pro tools you'll get with it. Get an Axe-FX II and get reaper for free or GarageBand. Youre wasting time money and effort, trust me I did it, too. I still have the 11R and it hasn't been powered on in years.

Save your money. Eleven Rack is meh and so is the watered down version of pro tools you'll get with it. Get an Axe-FX II and get reaper for free or GarageBand. Youre wasting time money and effort, trust me I did it, too. I still have the 11R and it hasn't been powered on in years.

The bundle comes with the full version of PT11, no crippled version. If he needs it for project exchange with other studios that run on PT, then getting PT11 with the Eleven rack is one of the best moves he can make.

The bundle comes with the full version of PT11, no crippled version. If he needs it for project exchange with other studios that run on PT, then getting PT11 with the Eleven rack is one of the best moves he can make.
Except that then he's stuck with an 11R.

the protools the 11rack comes with... is worth more than the 11rack- that's why the market has tanked on them.

Sweetwater would tell people 'hey instead of buying protools just buy an eleven rack- free hardware'

I love my 11R and if you need Pro Tools and are simultaneously in the market for a modeling recording interface it really is hard to beat that deal.

I gotta give the 11R props, if it weren't for it I wouldn't have considered the Axe-FX. I don't consider the money spent on my 11R wasted at all and I still use it quite a bit.

Pro Tools is subscription based now, so you only get one year support, then you have to pay a annual or monthly fee to get updates.
Unless you really have to, I wouldn't recommend using Pro Tools. This comes from a Pro Tools user.
I know a lot of people say it's the pro way to go, but you will never use half it's functions. If you want drum editing you can do that in Reaper.
Just use Reaper or any other DAW and save the money to buy a Axe-FX II. You'll be happier.

Also, if you get the 11R + Protools bundle, Protools won't run without the 11R connected and powered on. The 11R acts as a hardware dongle (for licensing verification). I used to have one.

I was used to using Sonar for my DAW, so I didn't use Protools anyway.

Back
Top Bottom