does the Ax smoke a pod hd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you have the axe fx for a little while, you will never believe you thought anything else was acceptable. They are That good!

Thanks
Pauly

Hello, i play only metal in the vein of cannibal corpse and death/thrash metal and i currently have a pod hd.

how does this unit compare to the HD?

I find it so cool that when I was a young musician I wanted the gear that my idols played. But now, I have had the Ax Fx before most of my favorite artists started using them. There is a reason why the biggest names in the industry are using Fractal.

P.S. I didn't mean they were using them because of me LOL!
They are using them because FAS smokes everything else including LINE6!

Yes. But it's not a fair competition since they are not in the same price range. POD HDs are good at what they do in their price range IMHO.

No usable cabs in the POD and cabs are everything.
Exactly. I was a beta tester for the Pod HD. Up until Helix, it was the best unit they'd released. The main question everyone asked was "will we be able to load our own impulses?" Sadly, that was a negative. IMHO, the Pod HD sounds scratchy and feels a bit stiff with the current cab models. The first thing I noticed with the Fractal is that it has what I call, bounce. It's very amp-like, airy and 3D sounding. It's not fatiguing to the ears. It takes me less time to dial up a good sound on the Axe Fx.

Line 6 started the modeling revolution and was very successful. Fractal raised the bar and rewrote the modeling game. The Fractal models are second to none and features effects on par with top manufacturers like Eventide, TC Electronic and others. This was a true first. Top notch amp modeling, realistic sounding cab simulations and world class effects in one box.

Yes, the Axe FX is MUCH better than the Pod HD. You can tweak virtually every facet of the amp model and effects. You will fall down the rabbit hole of tone chasing. Remember that tone is an investment. It's not cheap, but you will be heavily rewarded. Updates are free along with the new amp models. The Hi-Res IR packs available in the Fractal store makes a great product even more incredible. It is hands down the best purchase I've made since my first guitar. It's indispensable.

Last edited:
I had a Pod HD I purchased for a backup. You really have to work to get a sound and the best way do describe it is that it's like looking at a picture of a decent sound. Where with my AX your "in" the sound, it is awesome.

I had a Pod HD for about a year. It doesn't even compare to the Axe-FX. Sold my Pod HD on ebay and have no regrets especially since I got the AXE-FX XL. The Axe-FX is far far superior. It makes the Pod HD sound like you are playing out of a tin can. If anybody tells you any different they are smoking crack. Not to mention the continuous updates that Cliff does. That alone kills the competition.

All music equipment is personal taste. I'm sure no one plays the exact same guitars or likes the same effects or plays the same style music. But for me, I started modelers with a line6 HD pod then went to a eleven rack and then to the Axe FX. Now i'm done. I found exactly want I was looking for..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom