does the Ax smoke a pod hd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replys here. I have been reading and researching tons and in my search i discovered a guy named Mark Day that has some really great sounding videos up as well. just another in a long line of great demo videos.

How do you guys like the HD500 as a backup rig? It's an all in one solution, but maybe there's a better pod or some other type of floor solution? In case my axe or amp rig ever crap out, I want to have something I can bring along to gigs just in case.

Been thinking about the HD500 for a while

i have the pod hd500 which ive played thro once since purchasing the axe
as i said previous its now only used as a foot controller.

Got both, your tweaked and written patches on a year old HD will compare with Axe Fx out of the box. But a year with an Axe that you know how to edit is millenium away from HD. Trust

I find some people do better on lesser equipment. It makes them try harder and in the end it's all about the performance. As long as you can handle a tone that 'gets the job done' a POD is OK.

Firmware 19 is pretty hard to beat right now. =)

I have a pod hd 500x, axe fx ultra, axe fx II mk II, axe fx XL, and they do fight a little but as of yet no smoke. seriously though the pod is pretty good for the price. Is it a fractal quality no it sure is not, But for the price it does a fair job IMO. on July 4 my son and I played before a fireworks display on the grass with no stage so I brought the pod to throw down in the dirt. glad I did after the fireworks when we packed up there was paper and ash all over are gear(from the fire works)and every thing was wet from the dew. glad that was the pod and not one of my axes! this is why the pod is a great thing to have.

Reactions: J.C
POD all the way I mean it has "HD" in its name! and the Axe is just named after a wood chopping tool!

Some real clowns in this thread---------with a few posts each-- very informative...NOT

Robert Kirkman called and wondered if the zombie apocalypse had started for real when he saw this thread resurrected.

"No usable cabs in the POD" ... is laughable. Granted, not the best feature, but if you know how to tweak them (ahem...remove the resonators) then you can do quite well with the stock cabs.

maxresdefault_zps8wtvzvdy.jpg

i have a pod hd500 which has never been turned on with a guitar plugged into it since the day i purchased the axe.
but it serves as the axe's midi foot controller perfectly while it may also serve as a back-up for the axe at gigs, just in case..

"does the Ax smoke a pod hd?"

No, actually the Axe-Fx doesn't "smoke" the Pod HD, but rather it reduces to a colorless, odorless gas consisting of various isotopes of Carbon.
In other words…It vaporizes it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom