Does it sound better than the Axe Fx 2 XL+?

Plex Shift, Delays are noticeably improved, pitch shifting is better (especially in poly mode). Delay overloads sound really nasty, as they should.

@javajunkie I wonder if you, as the creator of the Electric Mistress flanger blocks (which I've much enjoyed over the years; thanks for that!) have tried to recreate the same in the Axe-Fx III. If so, does it sound better/different/the same as your earlier effort?

Since you can buy them new right now for $1799, that would seem to be unlikely...

And with the increase in the number of lower priced units that are going to be flooding into the market with Axe Fx III availability, I think that will become an even bigger challenge.

I'm hoping I can get a buyer for mine at $1500-$1600.

I’m hoping to get 1700-1800 for my 2xl+ with the MFC-101 and another 900-1000 for my AX8 with flight case that I bought as backup and never used. We’ll see. I’m holding onto my FX8 to use with my tube amps when I use them.

I’m hoping to get 1700-1800 for my 2xl+ with the MFC-101 and another 900-1000 for my AX8 with flight case that I bought as backup and never used. We’ll see. I’m holding onto my FX8 to use with my tube amps when I use them.
Unless the new FCs are available, I'm not sure I can bundle my MFC since I'll need it until I can get an FC.

I've been on the Fractal journey for over 10 years now...and I've seen/heard continuous, constant improvement. I'm 64 now, why stop? If I get at least 5-10 years more w/the III, I'll have gotten my money's worth and enjoyed every minute of it!

Its hard to resist the fantastic equipment that fractal make, shear pleasure to play with and explore!!!

Back
Top Bottom