Does Axe ever freeze up on stage

There's probably still a few little kinks in Axe-Edit to Axe-Fx comms protocol. As long as Axe-Edit is not running it should be solid as a rock.

Yes hopefully these 'kinks' get solved in the future because I am a live Axe Edit user/manipulator myself. Only downside I have this far is the slow switching (Axe Edit/MFC-101) and the fact that the looper display is freezing all the time when Axe Edit is attached. But no total Axe fx freezing lately.

I've had it happen twice. Both times I assumed it was related to the MFC. I run the MFC via midi. Unplugging the cable from the MFC and rebooting cleared it instantly. Not sure if going Ethernet would be more stable.

I've had a couple hiccups here and there. Bad power caused a reset mid song. Another time axe fx just locked up all lights on. A quick reboot and I was back in action. Another time MFC stopped communicating with the axe fx. A reboot solved that.

This is probably at least 2-300 gigs at this point. Both on the ultra and axe II. Pretty solid track record. I've blown more tubes than that in my lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom