Does anyone use there fm3 with a amp?

W

wildNcrafty

I have not used my peavey 6505 plus amp in a while, was bored yesterday and plugged the fm3 into the rytham channel without the pre amp-gain on. It sounded pretty amazing. When the preamp gain on a amp is on 0 are the preamp tubes off also?

I’ve used a Quilter TB202 for a minute and recently started using the FM3 into it. It sounds phenomenal both with a it’s matching 112 and with a 112 Cab an amp builder friend put together for me with a Celestion f12x200.

I have by no means tried every FRFR solution out there, but the 202 and 112 is next level. Being SS I’m not sure if this is exactly what you mean but I have been hitting the front and very happy with the results. I still use a small traditional board with tube amps but I am sure there is a solution there too I just haven’t stumbled across.

I have not used my peavey 6505 plus amp in a while, was bored yesterday and plugged the fm3 into the rytham channel without the pre amp-gain on. It sounded pretty amazing. When the preamp gain on a amp is on 0 are the preamp tubes off also?
You want to plug the FM3 into the effet loop return of your amp (power amp in) in order to bypass the preamp section of your amp. Otherwise, even with preamp gain at zero, the preamp section is active. Also, make sure you bypass the power amp modeling and cab simulation of the FM3 with this scenario.

I ran it through the input it sounded pretty nice. I will try the loop however. And see what happens. Sounded really nice through my evh celestion. Thankyou for the answers!

I run Fm3 xlrs to a headphone preamp rack, then the headphone output on Fm3 to my amp at same time. Nice feature the Fm 3 has to plumb it 2 ways} at same time with 2 audio streams at once.

I ran it through the input it sounded pretty nice. I will try the loop however. And see what happens. Sounded really nice through my evh celestion. Thankyou for the answers!
Typically you’d want to run through the loop if you’re using amp modeling in the FM3. But that’s not a rule. If it sounds good to you, do it.

Now, what you say is interesting because as I remember, if the preamp gain is all the way down I didn’t get any sound at all…but maybe I haven’t really done that on my 6505. Hmmm. Might do it just to see what you’re experiencing.

Yea it does work with preamp on 0 if the Fm3 is running into it or not.

Typically you’d want to run through the loop if you’re using amp modeling in the FM3. But that’s not a rule. If it sounds good to you, do it.

Now, what you say is interesting because as I remember, if the preamp gain is all the way down I didn’t get any sound at all…but maybe I haven’t really done that on my 6505. Hmmm. Might do it just to see what you’re experiencing.
Hey just to let you know i just tried it and it only works with preamp on 0 really well if you have a pedal running into it. I used it with sd1 overdrive pedal. no fm3. When i shut the pedal off i had to crank the volume really high and it didnt have a great sound when i tried. With a pedal it works very well. OR the Fm 3. My sd1 runs into the Fm3. Sometimes i just like the overdrive sd1 and the amp to here it chime in analog and sparkel.

I run Fm3 xlrs to a headphone preamp rack, then the headphone output on Fm3 to my amp at same time. Nice feature the Fm 3 has to plumb it 2 ways} at same time with 2 audio streams at once.
Am I reading this right? You're using the headphone jack of your FM3 to go into your amp?

Before I had the right xlr cables ,I had a stereo 1/4 plug to 2 single 1/4 that I ran to my monitors from my headphone jack

When I posted that, I was thinking "why would you use the headphone jack? There's a L/R OUT2!". But I guess if you have the right stereo cables, coming out of the headphones could work effectively. I never thought to use it in that way. #todayilearned

Is the output from the headphone jack the same level as OUT 1?

Heres the pdf i have not had the chance to try humbuster cables to the effects loop yet. I wonder if theres more audio streams at once through left right out 2 now. I like running audio all over to places! What i really want to try is get a mixer with interface run Fm3 xlrs into mixer then 2 mics from my cab into same mixer to my headphone amp to blend the tube sound with the fm3. Using a guitar splitter. FM3 has a audio interface built into it at 8 samples 48000KHZ i use a lexicon pcm 42 plug in and it sounds amazing. Fm 3 is the best guitar effects hands down. More practical than a analog amp But the tubes in the amp are nice in the mids to my ears. Next 500 dollars i get i will try it! Theres a pic of psp vst lexicon pcm42.

Attachments

• fractal back.png
    fractal back.png
    282 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_12.png
    Screenshot_12.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom