Does anyone suffer with a flaky scalp?

Fabio KTG

Fractal Fanatic
Before I start, I am not affiliated in any way with the company/product that I'm about to mention.

For almost two decades I’ve been plauged by a dry flaky scalp. I saw doctors and holistic practitioners, who all recommended different products from medicated scalp shampoos to massaging olive oil into my scalp three times a week. They either left me smelling like a tar pit or are/were impractical to sustain for any longevity. I happened across a website which gave the top 10 shampoos for flaky scalps (which is apparently different to dandruff-go figure). I've tried all the anti dandruff shampoos, Head and Shoulders and the like, none of which provided a lasting result before my scalp got used to it and my problems started again.

To cut the long story short, I bought a bottle of Phillip Kingsley Dry Flaky Scalp shampoo and within a week, my scalp was clean and itch free. I'm really happy with the results and my scalp is no longer "scabby". My only problem now is to get out of the habit of looking at and brushing my shoulder every 20 minutes!

Anyone else have this problem? If so, what have you tried that works?

I never had an issue with it, but my youngest brother has major problems with this. I'll be sure to give him a heads up.

nizoral (ketoconazole) shampoo-- 15m leave in, then wash; 2x a week, its a prescription and now over the counter, its antifungal;

nizoral (ketoconazole) shampoo-- 15m leave in, then wash; 2x a week, its a prescription and now over the counter, its antifungal;

Dry scalp isn't the same as dandruff.

Apparently.

Besides, i've used that one too and no bueno.

Have you checked your pH? Low pH can be a cause.

You might look into organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. It's not fun, but it can help with a ton of issues. Try mixing 1/2 tsp of baking soda in water once or twice a day too.

Dandruff, dry/flaky scalp can have a wide variety of potential causes.

I will try the olive oil trick though. That's pretty awesome. I've read about people using coconut oil too.

For dandruff...
Random mostly herbal "solutions": Herbal remedies for Dandruff. | Organic Foods Health

My conviction is that the core issue is the eating of bad fats (and most of us eat motherloads).
I've heard dandruff is old, bad fats being dissolved and replaced by new ones.

To tell you what are actually the healthy fats would lead to too much of a shitstorm :mrgreen
Just remember that a lot of what we are being told is often the wrong way around entirely...

I have psoriasis and ever since I really tanned well in the summer it has helped immensely. I'll definitely give this a try. Crazy fractal thread but none the less a very annoying condition sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

symphx is correct "nizoral" is very effective ! ......but don't ever call me flaky though - I'll never admit to it !!! :D
You need to give it a few applications to really take affect !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom