Does anyone run their vocal mic through the Atomic CLR for rehearsal..?

Randy Alanis

Inspired
I just got mine & am just curious..I know it would sound flat..but for the sake of carrying less stuff to & from practice just curious if anyone else does & had good results (based on an actual test)..?

Thanks in advanced..!

I just got mine & am just curious..I know it would sound flat..but for the sake of carrying less stuff to & from practice just curious if anyone else does & had good results (based on an actual test)..?

Thanks in advanced..!

The CLR is setup for line level not mic level. But I've never tried directly plugging a mic in though.

But I do use my CLR's for vocals all the time. I use a mixer between the mic and CLR though.

I'm curious about OP's question, as well.

Speaking strictly from a grab 'n go perspective, I've sometimes grabbed my QSC K-10 for a specific gig, because i know that I can plug a vocal mic into 1 channel, set to "Mic" instead of "Line", and sing, do vox announcements, etc. If I know I WON'T need any vox mic use, I'll grab my CLR Neo, because it sounds better for guitar/AxeFx.

Speaking as one who's so far been too lazy to try it out... would a vocal mic straight into Ch2 of the CLR produce a reasonable mic level, if the input gain was maxed, given that there's presumably no mic preamp in it?

The CLR is setup for line level not mic level. But I've never tried directly plugging a mic in though.

But I do use my CLR's for vocals all the time. I use a mixer between the mic and CLR though.

I tried it out over the weekend with just me and my guitar, & deff not on par volume wise...unless ofcourse I dropped the volume significantly on the AX8

I think ill keep grabbing my ZLX12P for rehearsals, even on the "Live" mode for both AX8 & Vocals wit the EQ 0'd out it gets the job done at for its purpose in that scenario..lol

I didn't try the input gain maxed on the clr....I was afraid it would feed back haha but that might have proved better results as it possibly wouldn't peak without that preamp like your saying...

I'm curious about OP's question, as well.

Speaking strictly from a grab 'n go perspective, I've sometimes grabbed my QSC K-10 for a specific gig, because i know that I can plug a vocal mic into 1 channel, set to "Mic" instead of "Line", and sing, do vox announcements, etc. If I know I WON'T need any vox mic use, I'll grab my CLR Neo, because it sounds better for guitar/AxeFx.

Speaking as one who's so far been too lazy to try it out... would a vocal mic straight into Ch2 of the CLR produce a reasonable mic level, if the input gain was maxed, given that there's presumably no mic preamp in it?

Back
Top Bottom