• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Does anyone know of any "masterclass" type resources for the old gen-1 Fractals?

Chris Hurley

Experienced
The subject says it all:

Does anyone know of any "masterclass" type resources for the old gen-1 Fractals?

I'd like to learn everything there is to know about these old units. I can use it but I'd like to see what a master came up with- particularly in terms of combining effects and working around some of the limitations of the early but amazing Axe-FX devices.

Chris Hurley

Experienced
Thanks Yek! I'll bet your presets are a "master class" indeed!

I owned an Ultra (or six) over a number of years, upgraded to a II (multiple times over the years), upgraded to a III, had cup of coffee with the AX8 and FM3, so I'm familiar with the overall operation method of Fractal devices. What I'm hoping to learn are a few secrets of the pro's at going beyond the basics. Stacking effects and things like that.

I own an Axe-FX III but I've also recently picked up an Ultra and have been enjoying going back to the first gen. The Ultra is still awesome and has a couple of things that I find myself enjoying again (quick-select global amp functionality, for example). I know there are a lot of tricks left in the gen 1 that I've yet to experience.

Thanks again.

Reactions: yek
Top Bottom