Does anyone JUST use an iPad for editing?

Keep me informed ;)
Sorry about that mate, can you try the UD-BT01 way while waiting them to fix it?

I don't have a UD-BT01. Does it bypass the USB 1.1 requirement? I don't really want to buy one at this point if it's not going to work. If it does work I'd be happy to buy one. This was actually my original plan but I wanted to know it's going to work.

I contacted Apple support and also made a report to Apple Feedback. Support doesn't know anything about this problem.

I'll keep you posted if I hear something.

I don't have a UD-BT01. Does it bypass the USB 1.1 requirement? I don't really want to buy one at this point if it's not going to work. If it does work I'd be happy to buy one. This was actually my original plan but I wanted to know it's going to work.

I contacted Apple support and also made a report to Apple Feedback. Support doesn't know anything about this problem.

I'll keep you posted if I hear something.
It should but i don't have any ipad pro 2018 and won't buy one ^^
Be untreatable with Apple, they have to fix their shit...

There used to be an iPad app with a killer interface that was much faster than axe-edit but the developer abandoned it. Another developer picked it up and I offered to join forces with him to help it become a reality but he wanted to go solo and he went same way as original developer. Would be great if Fractal supported iPad editor.

FracPad editor is an iPad duplicate of axe-edit, but it's the axe-edit interface which is much less efficient than that first iPad editor. Really miss that app.

There used to be an iPad app with a killer interface that was much faster than axe-edit but the developer abandoned it. Another developer picked it up and I offered to join forces with him to help it become a reality but he wanted to go solo and he went same way as original developer. Would be great if Fractal supported iPad editor.

There's an iPad duplicate of axe-edit, but it's the axe-edit interface which is much less efficient than that first iPad editor. Really miss that app.
It's FracPad, it's there. Its interface is totally customizable and you can have horizontal sliders like in the old app you mentioned, if you think it's better

It's FracPad, it's there. Its interface is totally customizable and you can have horizontal sliders like in the old app you mentioned, if you think it's better

Great!
Can I replicate this layout for amp?
7747019898_0dbd3337e3_c.jpg

And replicate a layout like this for editing 2 effects blocks at once?
7747019542_773042cc8f_c.jpg

I downloaded the desktop application and you have done a great job building it. Awesome work!

For the Amp block, I would like to have "Basic" and "GEQ" and "Speaker" controls all on one page. For me, it's very fast and easy to have all the controls I use the most in one window instead of multiple windows. This is what I don't like about Axe-Edit.

If I only had a few presets it would not matter. But I have many presets to manage, and switching between multiple windows just for amp block (not including other blocks) starts to take up a lot of time with the 50 presets I manage.

That's why I liked the old iPad editor so much. It was very fast, and in the example below there are Amp Block controls for "Basic" "GEQ" "Preamp" and "Poweramp" all in one window. From what I know about Axe-Edit you can't do that.

Since your interface is totally customizable and I can have all the same controls as below, is there a way to do this? Thanks again for your hard work.

I downloaded the desktop application and you have done a great job building it. Awesome work!

For the Amp block, I would like to have "Basic" and "GEQ" and "Speaker" controls all on one page. For me, it's very fast and easy to have all the controls I use the most in one window instead of multiple windows. This is what I don't like about Axe-Edit.

If I only had a few presets it would not matter. But I have many presets to manage, and switching between multiple windows just for amp block (not including other blocks) starts to take up a lot of time with the 50 presets I manage.

That's why I liked the old iPad editor so much. It was very fast, and in the example below there are Amp Block controls for "Basic" "GEQ" "Preamp" and "Poweramp" all in one window. From what I know about Axe-Edit you can't do that.

Since your interface is totally customizable and I can have all the same controls as below, is there a way to do this? Thanks again for your hard work.

Already possible , check the settings : group pages

Already possible , check the settings : group pages
I tried the "group pages" option in settings. It only provides two options for amp block: 1. Show only ONE page of controls, 2. Show ALL pages of controls

Is there a way to see pages/controls for Basic, GEQ and Speaker without seeing ALL the pages/controls?

Thanks!

I tried the "group pages" option in settings. It only provides two options for amp block: 1. Show only ONE page of controls, 2. Show ALL pages of controls

Is there a way to see pages/controls for Basic, GEQ and Speaker without seeing ALL the pages/controls?

Thanks!
I'd have to add a specific option for you, nobody needed it yet.
A custom screen is actually developed, it will allow you to design your own screen with what you want on it

I'd have to add a specific option for you, nobody needed it yet.
A custom screen is actually developed, it will allow you to design your own screen with what you want on it
Choosing favorite controls is even better than choosing favorite pages of controls! Do you plan to add "custom screen" to the application?

If so, here is a suggestion: A best-of-both-worlds option could be to keep pages & application the same as you have it now, and simply give the user the option to add a page for "custom screen". That way the user has all controls they use for a block 95% of the time in one page, and if they need other controls, those pages are there like always.

That would be less work for you while still being able to add a powerful feature to the application that you've already developed.

Choosing favorite controls is even better than choosing favorite pages of controls! Do you plan to add "custom screen" to the application?

If so, here is a suggestion: A best-of-both-worlds option could be to keep pages & application the same as you have it now, and simply give the user the option to add a page for "custom screen". That way the user has all controls they use for a block 95% of the time in one page, and if they need other controls, those pages are there like always.

That would be less work for you while still being able to add a powerful feature to the application that you've already developed.
That's exactly what i've been working on since few days

i just got to try it.

the AX8 does not connect with the new iPad Pro 11" (released November 2018). the Axe3 does. same USB to USB-C cable - no adaptors.
Chris do you have a Yamaha UDBT-01 by any chance? I’m looking for a working solution for this on my new iPad.

Back
Top Bottom