Does anyone have Mesa Traditional/Stiletto cab ir's?

Irotlas

Inspired
As there are thousands of ir's out there, why there are no ir's of this cab? At least some good ones. Well I want some. Are there any forum members who has this cab and would like to share some ir's?? It is commonly known that this is better than standard recto cab and we all know Petrucci uses it....where are the impulses?

We got one petrucci mix ir but why dont we have more of them like with just sm57? I thought FAS would've released more impulses from that session. Or are they "coming soon"? :D

Ownhammers mesa cabs are ok but something is still missing, the traditional cab.

Please help!

ps. I would love to do IRs myself but can't find one to borrow.

I have one but ive never made an IR before. I will look into how to do it.

Cool that would be awesome! It's really simple to make IR's, you just need a sm57 - cable - and a mic pre :D

To get good ir's you should mic like Petrucci wich is really close to the edge of the speaker, center of the cone is a good starting point

Just curious, but doesn't Ownhammer have a Mesa Traditional Cabinet package in the V2 Legacy area of the website? I've been using those, and I like them a lot!

+1

This is my favorite cab. It has smaller dimensions than the Oversized Mesa cab, which yields a tighter, more focused tone.

Isn't the Fractal stock Cali cab based on the Stiletto?

I asked Cliff about that in another thread but didn't get answer.

from AXE FX II WIKI:
4x12 Cali
Based on: Mesa cabinet from the 80s with four Classic Lead 80 speakers, aka "Cliff's Boogie".

AXE FX STD/ULTRA WIKI:
4x12 Cali = Mesa Boogie Traditional 4x12
Manual / website: Based on a Mesa Boogie 4x12 cabinet.

But in both AXE I and II it's the same IR.....

If its from the 80s its not a traditional cab. Its the old metal grill half-back cabs. They were even smaller than a stilleto cab.

I have a couple of free Ir's on my computer made with a mesa traditional/stiletto....
I'll upload them later when I reach my pc.
I can't remember where I found them but they are quite good!
Stay tuned!

I asked Cliff about that in another thread but didn't get answer.

from AXE FX II WIKI:
4x12 Cali
Based on: Mesa cabinet from the 80s with four Classic Lead 80 speakers, aka "Cliff's Boogie".

AXE FX STD/ULTRA WIKI:
4x12 Cali = Mesa Boogie Traditional 4x12
Manual / website: Based on a Mesa Boogie 4x12 cabinet.

But in both AXE I and II it's the same IR.....

That is good to know. I don't really like CL80s in the real world, but that IR is one of my stock favorites.

I have a couple of free Ir's on my computer made with a mesa traditional/stiletto....
I'll upload them later when I reach my pc.
I can't remember where I found them but they are quite good!
Stay tuned!

I think I know what irs you mean but please upload them.

Few days ago I bought new sm57 and made few IRs from my HB v30 cab and they are really good! But still I want some mesa trad IRs..

These are some custom blends I made from the sperimental and Stiletto JSX impulses...
Also some loose guitarhack impulses I found.
There could be more from Guitarhack and Sperimental but I can't find them on my PC right now.
I hope they work for you.
You should be able to find the original wavs on the sneap forums at ultimate metal forums.
I can't upload the wavs here.
Let me know if these work for you.
All these blends were made using free impulses.

Ok, this is my first time ever trying to do a cab ir, so hopefully I did it right. This is a cab ir of my Mesa 2x12 Stiletto Ace combo. Used a SM57 about 1/2 inch away from outside edge of speaker and right on the grill cloth.

Scott

Attachments

• 007-2x12 MESA STILETTO CAB V30-3.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 112
These are some custom blends I made from the sperimental and Stiletto JSX impulses...
There could be more from Guitarhack and Sperimental but I can't find them on my PC right now.
You should be able to find the original wavs on the sneap forums at ultimate metal forums.

What are those blends? I mean what mics? I'm not a big fan blending different mics, I've found that for my taste just sm57 works best. But I'll check those today..

Ok, this is my first time ever trying to do a cab ir, so hopefully I did it right. This is a cab ir of my Mesa 2x12 Stiletto Ace combo. Used a SM57 about 1/2 inch away from outside edge of speaker and right on the grill cloth.

Scott

Cool man! I'll check that today, but you should always do like 5 impulses in different positions so it's easier to find the sweetspot.

TheIe are some custom blends I made from the sperimental and Stiletto JSX impulses...

Cool, this is really great i will try these and report back.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom