Does anyone have experience with simultaneously recording wet and dry signals with the Axe-Fx II XL+?

I'm attempting to make a template on Cubase Pro 10 and have found it to be hard to simultaneously record wet and dry signals. I'm running my Axe Fx II XL+ via SPDIF into a 2nd gen Scarlett 18i8. I found this video: and tried my best to copy it but found myself unable to actually hear the DI. To reiterate, I can see the DI but I can't hear it. What am I missing?

If you've got a VST amp sim, stick it on the DI track so you can get a rough idea of what it will sound like.

You need to install Axe Driver on your PC and choose track's input in Cubase: Axe Input 1/2 for WET-track and Axe 3/4 for DRY-track. Then you should link both tracks and start recording

Last edited:
DI signal is very low by definition.
Yes, I can see it. I mute the wet tracks however and crank up the volume and it's still no sound. You're saying that this is supposed to happen, but I've always ran DI with the Axe Fx III and can still manage to hear something.

You need to install Axe Driver on your PC and choose track's input in Cubase: Axe Input 1/2 for WET-track and Axe 3/4 for DRY-track. Then you should link both tracks and start recording
I'm pretty sure the drivers are installed because if they weren't then my PC wouldn't be able to recognize it as a device.

if your DAW recognizes AXE as a device, you are suppose to see all input in your DAW: (Axe Input 1/2/3/4). For mono DI track set Axe Input 3 as record source, for stereo DI track - AXE Input 3/4

This right here was the best answer.
He said he was running SPDIF into Focusrite Scarlet...I do the same thing but I take the I-Signal into Scarlet mic input and re-route out via output to the hi-Z (High Impedance) instrument input on the AXE FX III. (Same works with AXE FX II). I return back the digital signal via SPDIF (Zero Noise approach). I can send a screenshot how to do a reamp proper and I-Signal re-route, which gives back an digital output copy via the SPDIF...I started to made a video of this process. Its the same on all AXE FX units with SPDIF...Thing to keep in mind is that, Scarlet Mix Control has to have your DAW output routing i.e. (DAW3-LineOutput3 - In my case). Should look something more like this...

1570342051668.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom