Does anyone have a nice jazz guitar tone to share ?

The guitar plays such a huge role in jazz tone.

A good Princeton or Roland J120 will get you started. Then choosing an IR you like.

I apparently have a tough time dialing jazz tones.

Same here, would be great to see if anybody has great jazz presets. Totally agree with Pima1234 that the guitar (and fingers.....among other few things) plays a huge role in the tone, but I am sure that some people in this forum (probably not too many) should have great jazz tones they can share.
Also, would be really helpful to know which guitar was used when creating the preset.

Here we go...this was my first preset without really knowing what I was doing with so many options in the AX8 (just following my ears).
I tried with different guitars (Carvin HH2, Eastman Thinline, and Epiphone Joe Pass with a Benedetto pup). To my ears, the best jazz tones are with the jazz boxes, with the Carvin, not too bad either.
So, I'm sure you will find funny things in the preset, I was trying to understand the function of so many buttons, parameters, etc. (still trying to understand...) but at the end, again, just follow my ears.
The cab is an AX8 factory one (1x2 Black SM57).

Attachments

• First A_Preset_3_16_w_cab.syx
    12.7 KB · Views: 125
Here we go...this was my first preset without really knowing what I was doing with so many options in the AX8 (just following my ears).
I tried with different guitars (Carvin HH2, Eastman Thinline, and Epiphone Joe Pass with a Benedetto pup). To my ears, the best jazz tones are with the jazz boxes, with the Carvin, not too bad either.
So, I'm sure you will find funny things in the preset, I was trying to understand the function of so many buttons, parameters, etc. (still trying to understand...) but at the end, again, just follow my ears.
The cab is an AX8 factory one (1x2 Black SM57).
Thank you for sharing ar1, I will check when I get back home :)

for the AX8 cats :)
this is a preset I came up with in the style of the earlier Pat Metheny recordings....I am using a Gibson ES175 single pickup :D
it's not polished as such... If the sound and feel can be improved please do and post here. Thanks.

Attachments

• Pat Metheny.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 190
I like this tone, Ede Wright Jazz Clean Tone, but I´m having some difficulties to replicate it. I started with the ODS-100 clean amp.

Tone:

Tone info: I built a dual amp patch using the CAE3+ clean, and ODS 100 clean amps into EV-L cabs, GEQ, MBC, REV, DLY, into a ENH block.

Help appreciated, better jet if some has simual tone or preset from Ede.

Thanks

I tried to make Kurt Rosenwinkel's guitar tone yesterday. It is not good enough yet, need more time to get closer to his tone.
I upload it anyway, plz give me any tips or suggestions guys :)

Attachments

• Inhyuk-Jazz.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 119
Back
Top Bottom