Does anyone have a Marshall DSL1 yet?

P

plexi59

$299 for a Marshall tube head seems pretty unbelievable, and reviews are good. This thing even has an effects loop. I figure I could use one for my "upstairs" practice setup, which is currently amp-less.

What's the catch?

I have a 2nd hand DSL20. I like the sound of the dirt and clean channels, I can't say I like the loud pops I get when I sometimes switch from the dirt to clean channel. Nor why the FX loop is several db softer with my pedals in them. And why the Whammy basically all but disappears sonically when engaged. Some checking online taught me that the channel switching pop is a known error and happens to a lot of users. The 20w JCM800 is made in the UK, as is the Silver Jubilee, the DSL20 on the other hand is made in China. Probably why its €500 cheaper. Maybe the DSL1 is free of those faults, who knows, but as with everything in life, you get what you pay for.

That being said, when it works I do like the DSL20, so I'm having it repaired. Which apparently the dealer can't seem to do as I received a phonecall today that the dealer is sending it back to Marshall. So I reckon its not an easy fix.

Back
Top Bottom