Does anyone else have lag when preset switching 18b?

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
I'm getting a lot of lag when switching between presets. I know will be some but definitely a lot more than usual. I'm not connected to axe edit.

Anyone else having this issue on 18b7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mfc mkii.
Just going from preset to preset. Takes about 1.5-2 seconds for the LCD display to switch on the axe after hitting the preset button.

The sound changes earlier but I hear a pause in the output when the LCD finally changes

Hmm. Only seems to have the lag when switching in and out of my clean preset.

the solution is….

avoid switching preset mid-song, use scenes and make smarter / more capable presets..
essentially;
- if possible, build all of the needs of that song [or that type of song] into a single preset and only switch presets between songs
- if not possible, work out the best point in a song where you can switch preset.. the place where any lag would go un-noticed and where there are no large reverb / delay tails to preserve.. you then build a preset to take you to that moment, and another to take you from that moment to the end of the song

Something isn't right. Lag is intermittent. It Doesn't happen everytime.
And also if I try and quickly switch from preset to preset a few times in a row the lag prevents me from switching twice in a row.

I'm on firmware 2.18 on the mfc. I have a feeling that may be the issue.

find out if the lag can be predictable?
like is it too / from some presets specifically [wondering if very high cpu <90+%> is the culprit]

cos above 90%, the Axe has to get choosy about the tasks it has to handle..
processing MIDI takes a back seat to things like 'the Axe actually being an Axe rather than a metal box' or 'process audio'

I updated which didn't help. But clarky was right. CPU was too high. I took out a couple blocks and its working fine. Thanks!!!!

Mine has been like that, but only if I'm switching from the axe edit when connected to my pc. As long as the axe edit is off it is pretty much instant, even if the usb is connected.

The audio will always switch quickly. The display may take a while to switch since the audio processing takes priority. If CPU usage is high the display will take a little while to update.

The audio will always switch quickly. The display may take a while to switch since the audio processing takes priority. If CPU usage is high the display will take a little while to update.

Yep. The audio was switching quickly. But the lag in the display change was causing dropout issues too. Also it did not allow for quick preset changes since the display update was still in progress But all is good now that I lowered CPU.

lil' tip for those of us that use real cabs rather than FRFR

when cab emulation is shut down your cpu will drop.. iirc it's somewhere around 10% give or take 1% or so
so if like me, you have cab emulation on through studio monitors at home / in the studio and you have a few presets that sail a little close to the wind..
when you go live thought your backline and shut down cab emulation you can be safe in the knowledge that you'll now be well below the limit when it really matters..

Back
Top Bottom