Does anybody *not* like the Atomic CLR?

bjjp2

Power User
Long time user of the CLR through several Axe devices and I've never bonded with FRFR. Wondering if it's the CLR I don't like, but it's supposed to be the best of the best right. Anybody use a CLR but like something else better?

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand your actual reason for not bonding with them, is it because you prefer the amp in the room sound? If so, then a real guitar cab is the closest you will get. That said, my 2xCLRs are definitely not too far off it with latest FW updates.

On my side, I can easily forgive the FRFR sound because my CLRs are excellent at giving me a good idea of how my presets will sound through our large in-house PA, and other venues I have played at. I dial in all my presets through them at home and they always sound great through these bigger systems, so I bond well with them for that reason.

Mine has trouble in the amp, it sometimes cuts the tweeter off for a few seconds when playing loud.

Last edited:
I’m biased. I have four NEO CLRs. I
Use two as my studio monitors and they are fantastic this way. I use the other two on the floor.

That said, I am experimenting with a Mission Gemini 2 right now for gigs. I have to tweak the Axe-FX EQ going into it a good bit to cut highs and lows but it is getting close to sound like a real amp.

I do not "not" like the CLR's. I got two of the first Neo's, put them on hydraulic pole stands and never looked back. Love em.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom