Does anybody have the Takashi Masuzaki Axe-Fx II preset?

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
I'm a huge Tak Masuzaki fan, and I just found out that he made an Axe-Fx II preset. Sadly, I can't find it online anymore. If anyone has it, I would really appreciate it if it could be shared :)

Cheers!

If you find the patch through the social network sites that Piing linked you to, please come back and post the patch, sounds interesting! :D

Takashi's preset was released on the Internet as a limited-period campaign in 2017, by the Japanese distributor of FAS products, Okada-International (a villain for Japanese amateur Axe users, they're profiteer!). You're more likely to have a luck contacting Okada instead.
Not only they've withdrawn it from their website but also few Axe users are there in Japan that has downloaded it (Kemper holds much larger share in Japan), I think it's extremely difficult to find one available on the Internet.

As he's generally a copy cat of Michael Landau in Bradshaw days, so it may be easier for you to search for presets emulating Landau tone.

Though 4 years before his preset were released, he did a seminar in Tokyo where he demonstrated how he programmed Axe, including:
  • He uses CA3+ Amp blocks, combined with Tone Match of real CAE3+SE that he owns
  • To widen up mono signal to stereo, he adds delay to wet signal of chorus
Videos for the seminar is available at:

Takashi's preset was released on the Internet as a limited-period campaign in 2017, by the Japanese distributor of FAS products, Okada-International (a villain for Japanese amateur Axe users, they're profiteer!). You're more likely to have a luck contacting Okada instead.
Not only they've withdrawn it from their website but also few Axe users are there in Japan that has downloaded it (Kemper holds much larger share in Japan), I think it's extremely difficult to find one available on the Internet.

As he's generally a copy cat of Michael Landau in Bradshaw days, so it may be easier for you to search for presets emulating Landau tone.

Though 4 years before his preset were released, he did a seminar in Tokyo where he demonstrated how he programmed Axe, including:
  • He uses CA3+ Amp blocks, combined with Tone Match of real CAE3+SE that he owns
  • To widen up mono signal to stereo, he adds delay to wet signal of chorus
Videos for the seminar is available at:

Hi!

Yeah, Okada replied to me the other day and told me as much. They also said they could check with Masuzaki if it's ok to release the preset, but only if I had bought my Axe-Fx II through them. I chose to tell the truth (that I hadn't), and haven't heard back since.

I have seen the seminar! Didn't understand much, but cool nonetheless :)

Btw, it seems you're located in Japan and own a II. Maybe you could check with Okada? :)

Hi!

Yeah, Okada replied to me the other day and told me as much. They also said they could check with Masuzaki if it's ok to release the preset, but only if I had bought my Axe-Fx II through them. I chose to tell the truth (that I hadn't), and haven't heard back since.

I have seen the seminar! Didn't understand much, but cool nonetheless :)

Btw, it seems you're located in Japan and own a II. Maybe you could check with Okada? :)
While I'm located in Japan, I bought my II secondhand and it didn't come with the warranty document from Okada. I'm afraid I can't help you.

While I'm located in Japan, I bought my II secondhand and it didn't come with the warranty document from Okada. I'm afraid I can't help you.
They asked for serial number of the unit, not any kind of documents. But I understand if it's not something you want to do. I'm kinda clutching on straws ;)

They'll only give you the preset if you bought your fractal from them? Sounds like an asshole move to me.
To be honest, yeah. It is. Kinda goes against how Fractal Audio themselves handle stuff like this. All these weird policys and jumping through hoops for a free preset for a unit that is long since end of life?

Then you don't get how interested I am in finding out how the pros dial in their effects. I'm not a guitar nerd for nothing ;)
Dude I get u 100% trust me lol. I know a lot of pros stick with one thing that really works for their sound and they just build around that basis. I hear it repeatedly from record to record artist to artist. I'm still trying to find my thing and go from there lol

Dude I get u 100% trust me lol. I know a lot of pros stick with one thing that really works for their sound and they just build around that basis. I hear it repeatedly from record to record artist to artist. I'm still trying to find my thing and go from there lol
Yeah, I'm most likely not going to change my own preset in any way. I'm just curious :) I check out the presets by Stevens, Thorn and Townsend for the same reason.

Masuzaki is a huge fan of Landau and Lukather, but living in a Japan, he probably couldn't just have Bradshaw build him a rig and tell him which settings they used. It would be cool to see how somebody so far removed from the actual LA scene put his own spin on that sound, without easy access to inside knowledge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom