Does any know how to program the Fender Deluxe ( with out any breakup) High Headroom..

jjdpro

Inspired
Good morning( Fractal) family :) 😊
Does any know how to program the Fender Deluxe (without any breakup) High Headroom clean..? Is it possible for the AX-8 or any Fractal unit?

I'm trying to put together a new Deluxe preset for a new Scene I'm putting together.

Thanks in advance :) 💯🎶🎶

I find most of the fenders (if not all) cleanish but not super clean at stock settings - to get the super clean fender tone I like, I turn the input and master volume trims way down, turn the input drive way down and then compensate for the resulting very low volume with a cranked amp block level.

Depending on your pickups and how hard you pick, most Fender amps are squeaky clean up to around 2 or 3. They often start to compress and break up a touch in the 3 to 4 range. With low output vintage pickups you can go a bit higher a stay clean. If you've got really hot pickups, set input trim to 0.5 to simulate plugging into the low sensitivity input.

The clean amps are very deceptive in the Axe FX because you don't get the MASSIVE volume difference at the bottom end of the gain control that you do in the real amps. A Twin or Super reverb on 3 or 4 is LOUD.

A Twin isn't really cleaner per say than a Deluxe. It's just stupid loud low on the volume dial, so you rarely turn it up to where it starts to break up. You're not limited in that way in the Axe FX. You can turn the amp block output up or down as much as you want with any amp model. The Champ models are only around 5 watts and have a fantastic clean sound due to their really simple Class A circuit. You have the ability to turn them up as loud as you need independent of the tone in the Axe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom