Does Amp Block Improvements affect the FAS amps?

The clean amp is the Super 6G4 model with a divided by 13 cab from Cab Pack 6. That's still my favorite clean tone to play right now.

As for the dirty cab, I don't know if it will work with a normal MK II model. That would be cool if it did. :)

k

I'll verify that it does and it sounds awesome. Supplanted on my HBE that really sings.

Can I also add that this is not just about the amp, Justin is absolutely killing it as an artist. His skill brings out the quality in Cliff's work.

Thanks much Justin.

Ron

I'll verify that it does and it sounds awesome. Supplanted on my HBE that really sings.

Can I also add that this is not just about the amp, Justin is absolutely killing it as an artist. His skill brings out the quality in Cliff's work.

Thanks much Justin.

Ron

Wow, Ron! Thank you for that! Truly humbling words. That's why I love this place. We all get together to talk about music and sounds and bring insight, knowledge, encouragement and help to one another. Cliff and his team have made such an incredible piece of equipment that constantly evolves just like its users, and it's so fun to be a part of this community where we all get to experience it together. Fractal is more than just great tone, there's a family here too.

These demos are really fun to do too. It's been cool writing little snippets meant to showcase what certain amps do. Obviously, I'm not a metal guy, but it's so satisfying to tune to drop C and crank a Dual Rec or a V4.

BTW, the Dual Rec demo is just an amp and cab block with no additional EQ or Compression. When doing these, I really want to take the Pro Tools magic out of the equation and just showcase bare bones what the new FW sounds like. Also, I'm running straight into my interface, so no outboard gear is being used. No trickery here, fellas. Just sick tone.

Sounds awesome. Nice growl to the sound.

What speaker did you use?

Thanks! I pretty much use that "JY 4x12 Mix 3" cab for all of my dirty tones, and change parameters in the cab block according to each amp. I posted some settings as well, and I think those are close to what I used for the Recto clip. Tweak the hi/lo cut to taste so you've got lows, but not mud, and tweak the highs so you've got bite, but not buzz.

The link to that cab is on one of the posts above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I pretty much use that "JY 4x12 Mix 3" cab for all of my dirty tones, and change parameters in the cab block according to each amp. I posted some settings as well, and I think those are close to what I used for the Recto clip. Tweak the hi/lo cut to taste so you've got lows, but not mud, and tweak the highs so you've got bite, but not buzz.

The link to that cab is on one of the posts above.

Awesome Mister! Did you had the chance to check the 5153? :)

Awesome Mister! Did you had the chance to check the 5153? :)

Alright, I gotta confess… I played around with the 5153 a lot today and had a blast, but ended up going down the Fractal rabbit hole and started reprogramming all my Paramore presets, so I wasn't able to make a demo today for that amp. :nightmare: On the bright side, my patches are sounding pretty awesome, and I'm ready to hear these bad boys with the whole band again.

I'll get around to doing a demo soon. What kind of music do you play? In other words, what do you want the demo to sound like?

Alright, I gotta confess… I played around with the 5153 a lot today and had a blast, but ended up going down the Fractal rabbit hole and started reprogramming all my Paramore presets, so I wasn't able to make a demo today for that amp. :nightmare: On the bright side, my patches are sounding pretty awesome, and I'm ready to hear these bad boys with the whole band again.

I'll get around to doing a demo soon. What kind of music do you play? In other words, what do you want the demo to sound like?

Agreed. The 5153 sings. Different character than the HBE, but in the same neighborhood.

I'd say for a demo, you've gone clean to mean. Give a shot to something mid-gain?

R

Agreed. The 5153 sings. Different character than the HBE, but in the same neighborhood.

I'd say for a demo, you've gone clean to mean. Give a shot to something mid-gain?

R

I'm up for the challenge. :) what amps are you thinking about? The Supro is my favorite mid gain amp, but I'm open to other amps as well.

I'm up for the challenge. :) what amps are you thinking about? The Supro is my favorite mid gain amp, but I'm open to other amps as well.

A challenge!

Hmm. Supro. Not modeled (I don't think). As I remember it had a freaky power tube, but is probably closest to a EL84. So I'd say pick one. Personal favs might be anything in the ACXX range, but the Budda model (based off of Cliff's imagining of what it sounds like.) But it might work with one of the EL84 Marshall models as well...

R

Isn't the "Supremo Trem" based on a Supro? I could be totally wrong. I've always used that with the 1x6 oval IR and it feels pretty awesome. I've got some pretty cool ACxx patches, so that shouldn't be too difficult.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Isn't the "Supremo Trem" based on a Supro? I could be totally wrong. I've always used that with the 1x6 oval IR and it feels pretty awesome. I've got some pretty cool ACxx patches, so that shouldn't be too difficult.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Yup, color my @ss embarrassed... Supremo is correct.

(Now I have something fun to dial in...scurrying to the studio....)

R

Yup. Paired that sucker with the stock Blue and it brought a bit of punch and midrange to it.

It's a really cool amp, right?! I gotta try it with the Blue. I've had this thing for almost a year now and I'm still learning and discovering new stuff all the time.

And the Supro hasn't even been really G3-ed yet. ;)

About the 1x6:
various Cab Packs have nice UltraRes equivalents:
Cab Pack 4: 1x8 Champ
Cab Pack 5: 1x4 Pignose
Cab Pack 6: 1x8 Dan-O

Of these, I prefer the 1x8 Champ, M160.

Back
Top Bottom