Votes: 5 3.8%
  • No

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • It may affect only noise level by ground looping

Votes: 26 19.5%
  • Are you kidding me?

Votes: 58 43.6%

• Total voters
For what's it worth I did have issues with a USB cable not being up to snuff on my AXFX3 and ordered some the recommended brand for all my devices. Can't recall exactly what it was doing, but it was a problem.

Mate, I bought a new home theater amp a few weeks ago, and in a glass case, they had a 2m 240v power cable that was 25mm thick, and $800 …. I laughed and asked how many of them do you sell? (Thinking it was a joke)… lots - we sell lots was the reply.
You’ll never convince people that don’t understand digital, just like we’d never convince buyers of those power cables that there’s 10 ks of low quality power cable between the supply and that $800 cable, and it cannot make a shred of difference.
Thanks
Pauly

It drives me crazy - some people believe that USB cables directly affect the tone, the volume, the highs, the lows, and the compression. And I can't convince them that all that may affect the sound regarding USB cables are ground loops which can only affect noise level, not tone. No matter if the cable costs 2$ or 200$. The USB cable transfers digital data and it might work, might not, and nothing else. Cables made with violations of standards may work unstable.

If one cable sounds better than another then something wrong with your electric network and it should be solved by fixing the issue of the electric network. If the problem is not solvable on the electric network side then you should use a galvanic break device (don't try to do the handmade ground lift on USB by isolating/breaking USB pin, because it may be dangerous).

Am I wrong? Link on measurements and scientific data are welcome.

You all got it wrong. What you really need is very expensive audiophile spikes under the Axe-FX, and tweaked Audiophile Rocks over it.

And if that doesn't improve your tone, it is because you are not installing them correctly

And don't forget to cover all the empty input/output holes at your Axe-FX with these plugs that have an Abysscurum Termino crystal attached to it
2022-01-19 19_28_12-Audiophile Rocks - Termino — Mozilla Firefox.png

I am wondering if they also have gold, silver and platinum foil hats. I have heard that they offer a deeper soundstage than tin

Last edited:
You all got it wrong. What you really need is very expensive audiophile spikes under the Axe-FX, and tweaked Audiophile Rocks over it.

And if that doesn't improve your tone, it is because you are not installing them correctly

And don't forget to cover all the empty input/output holes at your Axe-FX with these plugs that have an Abysscurum Termino crystal attached to it
View attachment 94509

I am wondering if they also have gold, silver and platinum foil hats. I have heard that they offer a deeper soundstage than tin

Why would I need to buy tweaks as long as I can just rest my forehead on top of the equipment while I am listening??

Since this seems to have devolved into a snake oil thread....

Are we allowed to make fun of specific products/companies? Because there's at least one claiming to use "quantum mechanics" to treat rooms. You know, because I keep my mastering studio sufficiently close to absolute zero and/or need to hear sounds in the GHz range.

(To be clear: I don't know that the products are bad....they're probably very reasonable bass traps, but the marketing is 100% garbage...and yes, quantum-level acoustics is a thing, but it's an active area of research that has not yielded anything concrete yet)

If the digital cable changed the tone it would mean the signal had been corrupted. If the cable corrupted the signal, external digital storage via the same cable would be faulty too.

Back
Top Bottom