Does a TRS or midi footswitch cable is able to induce noise?

Does a TRS or midi footswitch cable is able to induce noise? I want to build a cheap 3 footswitch pedal, and to use it with a fractal unit you need to use a trs cable. Does that cable need to be good so it doesnt induce noise? Can i use 22awg wire or similar? Or i need shielded wired for this purpose?

I have had instances where using the MFC MKIII where I got odd zipper type noise from other cables laying across expression pedal cables. Cant really recall what the cause was now, if it was a power supply unshielded wire or what.

In general, no.

As Tom mentioned, you can sometimes get cross talk if cables used for midi are close (usually touching) with audio cables.

For expression pedals and switches, I would not expect to even get that because there is only control voltage on the cable.

In general, no.

As Tom mentioned, you can sometimes get cross talk if cables used for midi are close (usually touching) with audio cables.

For expression pedals and switches, I would not expect to even get that because there is only control voltage on the cable.
Thanks!

I want to build a cheap 3 footswitch pedal, and to use it with a fractal unit you need to use a trs cable.
how would this work? to my knowledge, the Pedal jacks on the Axe accept 1 switch each, and the FC jacks accept 2 pedals each. how are you going to get 3 working?

Back
Top Bottom