Dodge Challenger

I like the color. My father had a '69 Charger in a similar green color. Very fast car in it's day. Totally impractical for a family of four so he sold it to a kid down the street who wrapped it around a tree a week later.

The color is called F8 Green. It's probably what the color was called on your dad's Charger. Here's a '69 Charger in F8 Green. The redline tires are pretty spiffy.

1604349095224.png

Attachments

• 1604348942555.png
    1604348942555.png
    446.3 KB · Views: 21
Not really a muscle car fan, but these do look very, very muscle car. Dig the colour.

I like the car, but I live near a Navy base, and unfortunately see (and hear mostly) a lot of these every day. I wish people would leave the fucking OEM exhausts on them.

Cool, liked those since they came out... debated getting a hellcat a few years ago but went with something else... congrats, that's a badazz ride

Had a buddy in high school that had an original challenger, we all looked forward when it was his turn to drive to lunch or he was too drunk to drive it....I got to drive it twice and it was a blast in a very unrefined way. He eventually sold it and his dad got him a Delorean which, looked cool but sucked in every other way.

Hope it bring her years of fun.

Got my girlfriend's Kia Soul traded for a really cool Challenger on Saturday. Dodge really captured all the nostalgia and coolness of a classic muscle car and modernized it into a very nice handling car that's a blast to drive.

View attachment 74621
I‘m curious to see the ambulance ride sheet after the GF finds out you sold her ride lol

I like the car, but I live near a Navy base, and unfortunately see (and hear mostly) a lot of these every day. I wish people would leave the fucking OEM exhausts on them.
Thanks, this reinforces what I wrote the other day about the troops manifestly not in need of charity and handouts and gear donations and all of the other nonsense. That attitude isn’t the troops fault, it’s the society around then taking supporting the troops to a place it never should have gone - painting the people who volunteer to serve with an Oliver Twist brush that’s unnecessary and highlights a complete lack of understanding of military life in general.

Nice car. I have a 2016 Scat Pack (392) with the 6-speed manual, and it is one of the most comfortable, reliable, fun cars I have ever owned.

FWIW, I have 170,000 miles on it from commuting, I'm on the original clutch, and have only replaced the front brake pads once. No other work has been needed aside from changing fluids and tires.

Last edited:
Nice car. I have a 2016 Scat Pack (392) with the 6-speed manual, and it is one of the most comfortable, reliable, fun cars I have ever owned.

FWIW, I have 170,000 miles on it from commuting, I'm on the original clutch, and have only replaced the front brake pads once. No other work has been needed aside from changing fluids and tires.

This is great to hear. We got a 2018. It's a pretty basic model. It has the base 6 and auto but it still hauls ass - getting to 100mph didn't take long at all. The ride is super even and smooth so driving at highway speeds is just as smooth as driving around town.

One thing that really surprised me is how well it is design with regard to wind noise - we were driving 70+ mph with both windows down and no wind was blasting us, we could still talk at normal volumes, and didn't need to turn the stereo up at all.

Congrats! I really like that color. I have always liked the design of the new Challenger. When I was traveling a lot for work I got lucky to get one as a rental. Really fun car to drive. It was the base 6 also and I was really surprised how fast it was and how well it handled. I can't imagine how much power a Hellcat has.

This is great to hear. We got a 2018. It's a pretty basic model. It has the base 6 and auto but it still hauls ass - getting to 100mph didn't take long at all. The ride is super even and smooth so driving at highway speeds is just as smooth as driving around town.

One thing that really surprised me is how well it is design with regard to wind noise - we were driving 70+ mph with both windows down and no wind was blasting us, we could still talk at normal volumes, and didn't need to turn the stereo up at all.

To hell with speed, that's impressive.

Back
Top Bottom