Doc Was Really Nice

CraigP

Inspired
...Thursday, when he said, "you have cancer."

No kidding, my first thought was "I have not learned to finger pick yet."

Ain't this some BS? At least we caught it "early." Stage 1 and Gleason 6. At 51, I have plans and this is EXTREMELY inconvenient.

Just saying ...................
:rock:

I have always hated that word "cancer" It is so unfair and a devastating thing to hear from your doctor.

Been there, my friend. The doctor gave me a name so long that I had to look it up to make sure it was what I thought he said. “A rare form of cancer” pretty much confirmed the dreaded “C-Word.” I lost a chunk of my body to it, but wasn’t going to let it take away my enjoyment and appreciation of life and the many blessings I’ve known.

I‘m a few years in now, cancer-free, and on annual follow ups for a few more years. Looking back, the best piece of advice I can give to anyone starting that trip is that attitude is everything. Everything. Through the successes and setbacks (there will be a bunch of both), you can only control how you handle it. In the end, I am not going to say I am happy I went through it, but I will say that I am a better and more empathetic man for the experience. I also learned, later on, that the upbeat and uncomplaining attitude helped my wife and kids get through it much more easily, and less stressfully. My wife told me it inspired her.

The anger is normal, and passes if you let it. Once you get a plan going, lean into it. You are not alone.

Good luck Craig - Wish I had an answer.
Pauly

...Thursday, when he said, "you have cancer."

No kidding, my first thought was "I have not learned to finger pick yet."

Ain't this some BS? At least we caught it "early." Stage 1 and Gleason 6. At 51, I have plans and this is EXTREMELY inconvenient.

Just saying ...................
:rock:

Life is what happens to you while you make plans. Sometimes life dumps a big one on you and the true test of anyone's character is how you deal with it. I've seen too many people I know and care about die of cancer. So if its early and can be treated, fight hard, fight well, brother! Rage, cry, yell at the universe for this injustice, and then pick yourself up and fight like you've never fought before. After all, you still have to learn how to fingerpick.

Back
Top Bottom