Do you want to know more about the Step Sequencer?

In this video I will show you how you can use the Step Sequencer in the Axe Fx to get some cool sounds. I will connect it to the pedal movement on a wha block. I hope you enjoy the video. Set your mind free and create something cool...

Great video. Once again reminding me that I've barely scratched the surface of the Axe!
-
Austin

I was never sure how to use the step sequencer before as the manual did not give this type of illustration to it.

This opens up whole new worlds for me to apply the step sequencer to other effects blocks or to sync changes of certain parameters across several effects blocks.

I was never sure how to use the step sequencer before as the manual did not give this type of illustration to it.

This opens up whole new worlds for me to apply the step sequencer to other effects blocks or to sync changes of certain parameters across several effects blocks.
You could so some crazy volume block stuff - think tremolo with a pattern!

What is SPP?
Song pointer position

The start and stop functions are really what is needed to fully sync the axe sequencer with a DAW or other midi gear. Right now I use my octatrack as my main live seq. Would be rad to have that functionality in the axe fx though. Should be a simple update that eludes us midi guys.

Another cool trick is to assign the Run button to be controlled by the envelope :)
Another variation on this theme would be the ADSR, especially cool if you use the "re-trigger" option... So you could, for example, trigger the sequence to restart based "accented" notes or chords.

Funny this tread came up today. Just yesterday I was saying to myself ( I have a good handle on most axe fx function but I really need to delve deeper Into the sequencer with pitch block and synth blocks ). I played around a bit with trying to program the sequencer to play they keyboard sound on LIVES lakinis juice. Got kind of frustrated to abort mission. Lol

Is there any way to make the individual steps longer than 1 second ? I ran into that problem last week when programming a shimmer sequence for Heroes (The Wallflowers' version). Got around it by programming my Gordius LG2 but guess there surely is a solution directly in the axe fx2.

Is there any way to make the individual steps longer than 1 second ?

Not really, other than repeating values and getting fewer actual steps.

If you can post a recording or describe the sequence you set up, maybe there's some way to make it happen with extra modifiers.

Hello Bakerman,
It's a synth patch based on a "Simeon" sound with intelligent pitch shifter behind the synth blocks. The pitch is actually commanded by a scene parameter. I send the scenes commands from the Gordius LG2 in two sequences (S5 & S6), one for refrain (S6), one for the couplet (S5). Without the LG2 it becomes a lot of footwork because I'd have to drive each chord from the LG2 (S1=D/S2=C/S3=G). It works quite well with the sequences of the LG2, but I'd like to have it autonomous on the Axe Fx II using the sequencer.
But the max time duration per single step is too short and when doubling the steps it doesn't enter in the sequencer lenght any more, or maybe when using 2 different patches; not very esthetic with the audio blackout during patch change. Don't know if there really is a way to double the time lenght of the steps. Original song tempo is about 111-112bpm.

BTW Still working on a less ritch synth sound it's a bit too much "fish and chips" to my taste..

Attachments

• LL Heroes WIP 190503.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom