• I am happy with things the way they are

Votes: 27 12.7%
  • I want to thank FAS for doing great work

Votes: 164 77.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stratamania

Fractal Fanatic
I am posting this in Axe FX II discussion, although it is concerning Axe FX II, MFC-101, AXE Edit etc.

Now we have Firmware 7, we have a huge variety of excellent sounding amps and effects to choose from, the Axe FX II is very mature in terms of sound and effect options whether you want clean sounds, classic rock, blues, djent type sounds etc.

I have noticed in a number of threads where users are looking for :-

• better USB drivers, especially on the Mac platforms
  • More stability in Axe Edit and/or more functionality
  • An MFC Editor

So the question is do you think FAS should focus now on the above list and apart from point releases of 7.0 to address any issues which may be found work on providing the tools above to give a holistic integrated system, prior to moving onto version 8.0 ?

The poll is multiple choice, so you can pick more than one option. Also put some comments below to add to why the choices are important for you or to add anything missed in the poll questions.

Last edited:
I’m currently using Axe-edit version .317 with FW V7.0 on the axe with minimal sporadic issues so far. Axe-Edit is my preferred interface for dialling in presets. I mainly use the axe in a studio environment, so in general it’s always connected to a PC. I find Axe-Edit much more comfortable and quicker then the front panel interface of the Axe. Of course if only minor changes need to be made then I’ll go with the front panel interface but when experimenting with new (from scratch) presets I tend to be screwing around a bit longer due to the fact that there are just endless possibilities to explore.

I dont think they are setup like that... 2 different programming shops. one group does axe-edit and cliff and his other pals do firmwares. progress should be made on both fronts, just the software side is having some trouble.

I want better hardware user interfaces. Axe-Edit and everything around it stems from the fact that the Axe-Fx is awkward and slightly annoying to tweak with just what the device itself offers. While it's difficult to make everything as easy to adjust as with a mouse and keyboard in Axe-Edit, the basic functionality (changing amp and fx settings) should be as easy as possible. That is what I want to see in Axe-Fx 3.

In the meantime, it seems that driver support needs improvements.

Most important FAS knows we appreciate it. With no editors outside the box, the Axe II is a monster and a bargain. That they continue development in any direction is a blessing, and pretty darn awesome. I certainly look forward to it, with many thanks for all the work.

Most important FAS knows we appreciate it. With no editors outside the box, the Axe II is a monster and a bargain. That they continue development in any direction is a blessing, and pretty darn awesome. I certainly look forward to it, with many thanks for all the work.

+1

Fractal Audio is not publicly owned ...
No one as far as I know has said they were and certainly not myself. In the end Cliff and FAS can make whatever moves they wish to make with their company.

The whole point of this thread or poll is to find out opinions of the Axe FX users, and the poll shows actual percentages of folks that would like or prefer certain things.

Remember an opinion poll is not a petition or electoral vote and in no way should be thought of as such.

A poll is to find out what people would prefer or like to see not to tell anyone what to do. Perhaps it may even be useful to FAS to see and percentages is a lot better than threads with generalisation like everybody is this or that, when the user is really talking from their own point of view.

Last edited:
I think Axe Edit is awesome. I love dialing in my patches with it. I have come across a few issues like patches not showing the appropriate values ect... This stuff is annoying, but once you realize issues like this do occur, I usually get around it. It would be great if Fractal spent more time getting it nailed down and get all the bugs out of it. Axe Edit is essential to me, and I would appreciate it if a little more attention was spent making it right.

This.

Thank you Cliff and co. for a fantastic product, great service, and for all of your efforts!

Back
Top Bottom