Do you use the tuner on the Axe?

I used the Ultra's tuner on the front panel for 1,5 years. After that I replaced the Behringer footcontroller with the Gordius LG2 and have it displaying the tuner info from Ultra/II ever since. Works great!

Exactly the same here! No problems with it.

I have only had my Axe for a couple of weeks and the tuner seems allright. I have not used the Axe live yet and with my previous rig (pod xt, etc..) I used a Peterson Strobostomp which I am very satisfied with.
Do you use the tuner on the Axe live?

I will keep my strobostomp anyway for tuning in the studio and intonation.

It is a little disconcerting that the tuner on my Ultra (which displays perfectly on my Liquid Foot LF12+) disagrees quite a bit with my two Snark tuners (which EXACTLY agree with each other). I have yet to really sit down to decide which tuning sounds more right to me. but anecdotally, I think it's the Snarks. I would compare it to several other tuners (snarks are like $10.00 and great to use) before you decide to rely on it.

Yes, and yesterday I used my Axe-Fx II live for the first time, connecting the Output2 (out1 copy mode) directly to the mixer and using my FRFR just as personal monitor. The particular position of my rack allowed me to tune my guitar many times, quickly and hiddenly, and probably more then the necessary!

It is a little disconcerting that the tuner on my Ultra (which displays perfectly on my Liquid Foot LF12+) disagrees quite a bit with my two Snark tuners (which EXACTLY agree with each other). I have yet to really sit down to decide which tuning sounds more right to me. but anecdotally, I think it's the Snarks. I would compare it to several other tuners (snarks are like $10.00 and great to use) before you decide to rely on it.

That does seem odd. My Ultra, II, and hand held little Boss cheapie all display the same.

If only my ears would get in line I'd be set!

Yes I use the tuner but I don't use it on the MFC. For whatever reason it doesn't seem nearly as accurate on the floor as it does on the axe display. I will say that I play drop tuned so having my low E string off just a hair sounds disastrous. If I were up in standard, I would suspect the MFC tuner would be just fine!

Id love to but I don't have an MFC so it would be counter productive on stage to go back ,click the tuner button, go to the LCD screen, tune, unclick. I just use a Korg tuner for right now and lower my volume via my EBJR and it works out.

Have used the tuner on several gigs, and recently on a European Tour with two Norwegian metal bands. It works ok. However, I used to use the Strombostomp before I got the Axe and honestly, my guitar was much more accurately in tune using that compared with the Axe FX 2 tuner. Anybody with the same experience?

I am tuning via the MFC 101 btw.

I use it thru the front panel. I do have a rack strobe tuner that I probably should stick in there and compare. It seems to work pretty well ??

I'm a tuning freak and before the axe I had a Sonic Research turbo tuner that was really good, excellent! The axe is equally good, when using.the accuracy of the 8-ball on the front panel. The mfc is not enough accurate, understandably!

I use mine all the time on the Axe-Fx and MFC at home and at practice.

During gigs I'll pull out my TC Poly Tune to speed up tuning checks and retuning.

attachment.php

Absolutely! It works great!

My only complaint is that when you do a system reset, it looses the offsets that I would like for it to keep.

It would be nice if we could store/recall those using AXE-Edit or some other way other than writing them down.

But it works nice!

Love it.

L

Back
Top Bottom