• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Do you use scenes and boost amps with pedals for gain staging?

bgrizzmayne

Inspired
Hey guys-

I currently run a traditional rig that's quite versatile, and I'm having trouble getting my axe up copy it.

My deluxe verb is set to the edge of breakup. For my light gain, I hit it with

1. Bogner blue
2. Medium crunch is a suhr koko in front of the bog blue
3. I boost #2 with a tubescreamer afterwards
4. Lead is just a clean boost at the end of the chain.

Do you guys stack pedals like this on the axe? I can't seem to get a similar setup going with my axe that sounds very good. I've tried using 2 amps and ABing between, but idk. Just struggling with basic gain organization. Can someone describe your basic 4 sounds and how you're achieving them? I see a lot of cool individuals presets, but never much insight on how to structure everything oftener

iaresee

Administrator
I stack pedals all the time. It's a big part of my Trey A patch (two TS drive pedals). It sounds great with some amps, so-so with others -- just like the real world!

If you look at this post I did: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/77182-warmest-delay-distortion.html#post940899 -- someone wanted a warm clean that went in to low gain and then warm overdrive. I did it with stacked drive pedals on top of the Shiver amp model which I find has a nice, warm sound to it.

Top Bottom