Do you use any of the xitone modes besides FRFR?

Edwin Alvarenga

I already have a poweramp so debating getting active over passive. Do you just stick to the regular FRFR mode, or do you use the other settings like with the tweeter disable?.

I use FRFR. I accidentally had it off that setting for a day and thought my ears were shot or there was a power supply problem. Flipped it back to FRFR and was instantly relieved. I'm sure the other settings serve a purpose but not for what I use it for and this is to amplify my AX8.

I've only used my XiTone a little bit as my traditional 2x12 does better for my particular scenario. That said, I feel like the teeter defeat (pad? Whatever) switch on mine is particularly effective when playing with another guitarist who is using a traditional rig. You still get the bulk of your tone shaping, but the sound blends better with a traditional rig.

Again though I haven't spent much time tweaking it in general or trying to use frfr tones for anything other than recording. So the same results might be achievable through other tone shaping on the axe itself. Just seems to me like it responds more like a traditional cab with the pad switch active.

Back
Top Bottom