Do you still buy pedals?

last year I bought a few mini pedals thinking I would setup a small tube amp rig.... never even took them out of the box. ;)

Nope. I don't even look at releases anymore. And I sold a box full a few weeks ago because they were just collecting dust, including a couple that I'll probably never get a chance to buy again.

I have a few left (2 turbo tuners, 2 dm-2ws, a wampler boost, a tr-2, a freqout, and a wah). One tuner and the freqout are on the board with my fm3. The others are in a drawer and are kind of my "bare minimum" rig if I need to plug into an amp. I might have been a little aggressive in selling overdrives...I didn't actually realize I sold all of them. I should probably pick up a TS or something for the "just in case" board. But...they're in a drawer rather than on a board. So....meh. I'll pick up one up if it ever matters. Or just turn the amp up.

I have a few Source Audio pedals, not because I need them, just because it is a slightly different workflow.

I bought a EHX V256 vocoder (not only because there's no vocoder in the FM3). It's a fascinating box with lots of unexpected features. With a DI nearby, I can run my axe through either mic or inst input.

I follow this person’s channel on YT. This clip made me think of this thread, but in a completely antithetical way. She has a huge selection of pedals. Also this Duophony thingy seems useful. Anyway I thought some might find it fun.

When I got the Fm3 it could without a doubt replace any pedal known to man.
Except, it is not analog dry through.

However, lately a lot of interesting pedals like MICROCOSM, LVX, GENERATION LOSS MK2,

FM3 can do these but you would have to create it.

SO its enticing to get these pedals.

Something like a Strymon Nightsky, which I own, its UI makes you think differently and so do its limitations.

Same with the Volante which has an interesting interface.

I guess if Fractal cared they could have modules like the above microcosm/lvx/gen loss, but fractal wants to appeal to rockers or 80s music.

Even HX Stomp has their "shuffling looper" and is making some interesting modules.

The ability is there on the FM3 but not totally... you could not make a "shuffling looper" in the FM3.

I hope Fractal is working on a new pedal that has more switches and analog dry though and stereo input.

With the release of the new IK pedal, the UA amp pedals, competition is out of control fierce.

I know noone here cares but you should, or dont, wtf do I care either.

My take away from all of that previous post is that FAS, and by association rockers and 80s players, don’t care about dry through….

Dry through and true bypass were the big thing back when converters and buffers weren’t very good, but that’s been a nonissue for a very long time now.

I completely stopped buying pedals since my Triaxis/Simul-Class 2:90 days.

None used at all too since my Ultra, Axe II & Ax8 days.

With the AxeIII I purchased a TC Helicon Talk Box Synth.

That was it.

I have a whole box of pedals that haven't been touched since I got my fm3. Some of them have only been used once or twice. I find everything I need in the fm3. ;)

Back
Top Bottom