Do you record with effects?

Ahh! I never use the USB! Always going through my Apogees/Digiface combo, because I am most always tracking with a group of people. Never tried to use both interfaces at once. Figured it'd probably be more trouble than it's worth.

Anyone use the Axe + another interface simultaneously with their DAW?

Thanks for the tutorial.

Yea, I've been unable to successfully gang my AxeFx and Duet in to a an aggregate device. Neither Apogee or Fractal support aggregation with these devices. It's a neat idea but one that doesn't work well in practice. And Logic 9 only supports a single interface.

Just like to say that muddiness come about with too much low frequencies. Leave the lows for the bass guitar and cut your rythm guitars low frequencies from everything below around 145 Hz. approx.

As for effects i leave all time based effects( reverbs and delays) all OFF and leave it to the daw. As for other effects like chorus or flange etc, if i like what the axe fx 2 does, i use it.

I am with the consensus on this one. I (almost) never track the reverb, and only rarely track delays. Amps, cabs and modulation fx I will usually track. No hard rules, but that is my usual workflow.

Back
Top Bottom