Do you like to crap on other's classifieds?

I totally get the OP.
If you look at an ad and think the seller is pricing the item to high, move along. No need to shit all over the ad just to make yourself feel better. Listen if it is a bogus item, or a seller who has a history of screwing people over, that is one thing. But shitting on someones ad just because you are unhappy about the price they have something listed at is a dick move. What one considers too expensive, another might have no issue with. and If the seller is selling for a ridiculous price, then believe me the market will let them know by the ad sitting forever without selling.

Additionally, it seems most buyer wants to constantly come in and low ball sellers. So I think most sellers start high knowing that.
The most annoying thing Is when I list something for what I know is a killer deal, and some jerk off comes along and completely low balls me like I am a fool and just looking to give gear away.

Don't think we need anymore rules in place, people just need to use common sense, and think about what it would be like if they had something listed and someone came in and shit all over it.

An Update

We talked about altering the site rules and for now, we're not going to change anything.

Sellers: you can expect comments on your posts.

Any discussion happening on a B/S/T post has to follow the rules of the site. You don't get a pass to be rude just because it's a For Sale post.

As always, ask yourself: what I want said to me if roles were reversed? Would I want what I'm currently typing delivered to me this way? It's a solid way to check your tone and intent before you hit that "Post Repy" button.

An Update

We talked about altering the site rules and for now, we're not going to change anything.

Sellers: you can expect comments on your posts.

Any discussion happening on a B/S/T post has to follow the rules of the site. You don't get a pass to be rude just because it's a For Sale post.

As always, ask yourself: what I want said to me if roles were reversed? Would I want what I'm currently typing delivered to me this way? It's a solid way to check your tone and intent before you hit that "Post Repy" button.

Perhaps just let Buy and Sell be original post only. Anything else would be private message.

I totally get the OP.
If you look at an ad and think the seller is pricing the item to high, move along. No need to shit all over the ad just to make yourself feel better. Listen if it is a bogus item, or a seller who has a history of screwing people over, that is one thing. But shitting on someones ad just because you are unhappy about the price they have something listed at is a dick move. What one considers too expensive, another might have no issue with. and If the seller is selling for a ridiculous price, then believe me the market will let them know by the ad sitting forever without selling.

I don't think its shitting over a person's ad by saying, dude, they're for sale much cheaper elsewhere, maybe a price adjustment is in order? Depends on how you do it, but consider it like this, only two kinds of people would make comments, assholes and people who care. What the first are goes without saying, but I generally like to help people. If I see people struggling with something and I can help, I try to help or give encouragement. Maybe its not appreciated, maybe my delivery is wrong, but I'd rather butt in somewhere where its not wanted, then be a dick and pass along where I'm needed. If I post a message that says, dude, they're for sale much cheaper elsewhere I would recommend that you lower your price if you want to sell, I'm not trying to shit over someone's ad. If anything I'm trying to help him make the sale a lot sooner. Rather then see endless bumps, followed by a price drop months later.

But I get it, people don't want to be helped, they want to be right and no good deed will ever go unpunished. Have fun with endless bumps and the inevitable price drop.

Additionally, it seems most buyer wants to constantly come in and low ball sellers. So I think most sellers start high knowing that.
The most annoying thing Is when I list something for what I know is a killer deal, and some jerk off comes along and completely low balls me like I am a fool and just looking to give gear away.

Don't think we need anymore rules in place, people just need to use common sense, and think about what it would be like if they had something listed and someone came in and shit all over it.

Thing is, there will always be low ballers, but that's a valid and legitimate tactic. I too try to get my selling price by aiming higher. But there is also something as doing market research before you post. And if I want to get €1600 but I see 2 or 3 other sellers selling their exact same thing for €1300, then not only is €1600 a totally unrealistic price to set, I'm probably not going to get even €1300 and should be glad to get even €1200. So either €1300 should be the price I list my product for, or I set for €1600, get only incredibly insulting low ball offers until I finally give up and settle for a lot less, or I wait and sit on my product for a while longer until there is no more competition.

Personally this thread is unwarranted here. I have never seen a thread where someone was overly rude to a seller and I usually check the for sale stuff often. There was a time when thoughts about closing the for sale forum was talked about. Is that what some of you folks want? I don't. I believe the for sale forum is great for us.
Give it a rest! Sad, imho.

Personally this thread is unwarranted here. I have never seen a thread where someone was overly rude to a seller and I usually check the for sale stuff often. There was a time when thoughts about closing the for sale forum was talked about. Is that what some of you folks want? I don't. I believe the for sale forum is great for us.
Give it a rest! Sad, imho.
People are good about flagging and we moderate. The system works!

Back
Top Bottom