Do you like the sound of a dirty Plexi ready to explode?

FPFL

Experienced
I do! It to me is one of the most important sounds. No, its not the best sound for all purposes, but its the most expressive for many things, because with the volume knob and even just a couple pedals you have a very big palette of possible sounds that let your playing and nuance shine thru, even when you go full tilt.

It's free, but don't let that fool you, do try @2112 Plexi patches! I've listened to a lot of Marshall variants and with hot humbuckers in a Strat style guitar I find that with 6550 power tubes setting especially fantastic. It brings a hint of modern vibe to a classic tonestack. I've got an EP to track this winter and that will be a reference sound (and I'm a 2 or 3 max sounds per album kind of person) an EP should have a couple flavors, like a good appetizer, and not try to be too much... but that's just me!

My big challenge right now is something tech can't fix. Lineup stability. The singer just moved to Japan... indefinitely... on no notice. Ahh lead singers.

As I like to say, the only thing worse than being in a band... is not being in a band.

the only thing i like better than the sound of a Plexi ready to explode is a parametric EQ in front of the same pressurized Plexi pushing a +12 dB high shelf starting at 2Khz and +12 dB additional gain on the output...:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom