Do You Hear a Difference

Do You Hear a Difference

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're overestimating my audience.

LOL! THIS!

I still remember a rather professional player giving me advice on playing live early in my career on stage. "If you fuck up, don't show it on stage, no one listening knows or cares but they will know AND care if you act like you messed up on stage"

Audiences, ESPECIALLY PLAYING COVER MUSIC, hear VERY little detail when hearing a band. They are usually hearing the recorded tune in their head while they listen.

Not to mention, about 99.99999% of all people in an audience are only hearing/listening to the vocals.

With that said, our strive for better and better sounding Modeling tones isn't about the audience. Never really was. Its about how we feel about our tone and how fun it is to play with great tones. It comes down to expressing ourselves, and the better we sound to ourselves, the easier this is.

Anyone who's not a guitar player must think we are all idiots, focussing on whether there's a minor audible difference between those clips, preferring one to the other etc.
Stop pontificating, and pass that cork! :)

I hear the difference,but it's very slight to say the. It's to the point where it doesn't matter. The first section sounds more clear and crisp compared to the second section.

Whatever it is,no matter how perfect this thing becomes someone will complain.

So let's just enjoy playing the instrument,I remember people were happy with the Ultra Version 11 and then Version 7 on the Axe FxII;it just got better and better to the point where slight differences shouldn't be bothered with,if any that is. The other point is even if let's say there is something that is lacking and it will be eradicated,people will still tweak the amps,and tweak the settings for their desired sounds. As far as I know people get the sound that they hear,if they tweak in the first place.

I really don't know what the fuss is all about,oh well.

LOL! THIS!

I still remember a rather professional player giving me advice on playing live early in my career on stage. "If you fuck up, don't show it on stage, no one listening knows or cares but they will know AND care if you act like you messed up on stage"

Audiences, ESPECIALLY PLAYING COVER MUSIC, hear VERY little detail when hearing a band. They are usually hearing the recorded tune in their head while they listen.

Not to mention, about 99.99999% of all people in an audience are only hearing/listening to the vocals.

With that said, our strive for better and better sounding Modeling tones isn't about the audience. Never really was. Its about how we feel about our tone and how fun it is to play with great tones. It comes down to expressing ourselves, and the better we sound to ourselves, the easier this is.

This! Plus ... the nerd factor for all you techies, inventors, tweakers, etc.

The progression I went through was:

A. First starting out, wince at every mistake I or a mate makes, comment in between songs and generally grouse during the show.
B. Always look happy on stage. Save comments bout the show / band for private.
C. Actually be happy on stage. Don't sweat the details. Enjoy the music and have fun.

I hear the difference, not big, but enough to say that Axe can be improved (again).

Thanks for your 2nd post and your highly important comment! There is a lot room for improvements, so let's name them:

We should simulate the plate voltage of a tube stage on the guitar strings - this makes curly hairs (perfect for 80s power metal). Also including a talent booster (and turd polisher) so any one can improving themself......or not!

Thanks for your 2nd post and your highly important comment! There is a lot room for improvements, so let's name them:

We should simulate the plate voltage of a tube stage on the guitar strings - this makes curly hairs (perfect for 80s power metal). Also including a talent booster (and turd polisher) so any one can improving themself......or not!

I usually mod my amps by removing the covers, plugging it in, and licking the transformer while it is on.

Actually, in retrospect, someone might actually do this. DON'T!! You'll kill yourself.

I hear the difference,but it's very slight to say the. It's to the point where it doesn't matter. The first section sounds more clear and crisp compared to the second section.

Whatever it is,no matter how perfect this thing becomes someone will complain.

So let's just enjoy playing the instrument,I remember people were happy with the Ultra Version 11 and then Version 7 on the Axe FxII;it just got better and better to the point where slight differences shouldn't be bothered with,if any that is. The other point is even if let's say there is something that is lacking and it will be eradicated,people will still tweak the amps,and tweak the settings for their desired sounds. As far as I know people get the sound that they hear,if they tweak in the first place.

I really don't know what the fuss is all about,oh well.

Seems the closer things get to perfect, the more critical people get!!

I usually mod my amps by removing the covers, plugging it in, and licking the transformer while it is on.

Actually, in retrospect, someone might actually do this. DON'T!! You'll kill yourself.

Ooooh Baby!!! Sounds like an exotic amp experience!!:D!!

Its scientifically proven

axefxgraph.jpg
Seems the closer things get to perfect, the more critical people get!!

I'm simply not hearing any difference (this through a pair of KRK Rokit5 near fields, Sennheiser DT880 cans, and an Atomic CLR). My ears aren't what they used to be but I still hear pretty well just the same. If there is a difference between the two examples in this clip it would never be recognized in a mix, recorded or live to FOH.

Back
Top Bottom