Votes: 66 42.0%
  • No, I just have the Axe-Fx III

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don't have either, but I'm lurking with intent to buy

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters

Ugly Bunny

Power User
Just curious. Since I have both, my natural dual-unit chauvinism makes me feel like all FM3 owners also own the Axe-Fx III. I wonder, if it turns out most FM3 owners also own the Axe Fx III, how it might affect the development cycle or release schedule. I have to remind myself that not everyone owns (or even wants to own) both, but I've never collected any data; thus, this poll.

EDIT: I'm also interested - if you do have both - how you use them or why you have both. For me, I like to have my FM3 for rehearsals and to travel lighter for gigs, since I'm also the keyboardist and have to lug my Kronos around. I keep my Axe III in the studio with the FC6.

Last edited:
Yes, I have both. The AxeFX III is my preferred stage / studio rig. I use the FM3 as my "fly rig" for one-off shows, especially those which involve air travel. Most of my gigs and tours are via truck, so the larger rig is typically not an issue.

I have both too. I usually use my Axe III for home use and some of the bigger gigs I play. Recently I was able to use my FM3 at a small gig along with the FC6 and have been quite happy using it for everything at the moment. I like the way I can load presets from one unit to the other, if it's not too involved CPU wise.

I have both. I tend to use the FM3 for rehearsals and smaller gigs. I use the Axe III when I want more connection possibilities or need to use more complex presets. To me each has it's purpose and I don't regret having purchased both and I have never considered selling either.

Since no one had selected the last option, I did. Currently waiting for a message from G66 on when they get more FM3 stock, one of those will be mine. Can't wait, shouldn't be too long anymore. It will be my first time ever to use a Fractal product, so exciting times ahead for sure!

Since no one had selected the last option, I did. Currently waiting for a message from G66 on when they get more FM3 stock, one of those will be mine. Can't wait, shouldn't be too long anymore. It will be my first time ever to use a Fractal product, so exciting times ahead for sure!
You're in for a treat. I switched to Fractal gear about 3 years ago (almost exactly) and will almost certainly be a life-long customer. I've been down the Boss GT road, the Kemper road, the Helix road, of course analog pedals and tube amps, etc. Nothing comes close to the sound and feel of the FM3/Axe III.

You're in for a treat. I switched to Fractal gear about 3 years ago (almost exactly) and will almost certainly be a life-long customer. I've been down the Boss GT road, the Kemper road, the Helix road, of course analog pedals and tube amps, etc. Nothing comes close to the sound and feel of the FM3/Axe III.

Same here. That still ain't talking me out of my analog pedals and tube amps. ;)

Same here. That still ain't talking me out of my analog pedals and tube amps. ;)
Yeah, I still have a baker's rack full of pedals and my Mark IV and Mark V combo amps. I keep them around thinking I'll eventually use them again, even though I always go right to the Fractal gear lol! I keep thinking someday I'll be able to really crank my amp and not bitch about hooking up a bunch of pedals with tons of cables and finding a way to power them all in a way that doesn't incapacitate me with OCD... Until then, my King of Tone, Chase Bliss, analog delays and boutique pedals will live in my closet :)

The III came out just as I purchased the IIxl+. I needed a smaller unit for simplicity at jam sessions and I waited for the FM3 to become a thing. So yes, I'm a "dual" owner, but no, I do not have the luxury of also owning a III. The II remains in the studio.

I picked up a new FM3 back in Oct. of last year. I ended up selling it a couple of months ago. Fantastic unit but I just didn't find it necessary anymore as I got an amp instead. Wanted to have both setups.

Have both. The Axe-FX III is my home/studio rig and bought the FM3 for live. Currently I'm debating on putting the FM3 on a rack tray or just taking it on a bag and buying a FC12 to control both. At almost $800 for the FC-6 and $1000 for the FC-12 here in Mexico I can't justify having dedicated FCs for both units so "One FC-12 to rule them all" seems more likely, ha.

The rack tray thing I thought of as a temporary solution in case gigs leave enough dough to buy a second Axe-FX III, then the FM3 will remain as a backup/ light travel rig, maybe with an Exp pedal and a couple switches or even one of those Melo Audio MIDI Commanders.

Yeah, based on everything I've read, seen and heard I really seem to be in for a treat! I've also had most of the other big modelers at one time or another, but there just was something lacking with each of them, either with usability, sounds, size, or all three. Most of that stuff should be squared away with the FM3, but final judgement will have to wait until I actually get my paws on one.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to repeatedly refresh my inbox again :)

My FM3 setup is when I need something more possible. The Axe-FX III is in the effects rack of my main stage rig, 4CM, for when I need effects in front of, or in the loop of, my amp. It's also my backup if my amp has a problem. I'm also more likely to use the III in my home studio.

I have both. I used the Axe FX III more before Cygnus came out for the FM3 and the freezing FC switch bug was fixed. Now the FM3 covers most of my needs. Nice to have them both though.

started with the fx ll , had the chance to buy a second hand fx lll and finally got the fm 3. fx lll at home fm3 for rehearsal and gigs. fxll is in the bandroom waiting to be sold :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Back
Top Bottom