Do you have a iic+/iic++, and ax2/3 ax8 and you like Metallica? Help me

Hi guys, as a Metallica fan myself I always wanted to replicate the guitar tones used in mop/justice/black album and the best way to do it is to use the real amp, cabinet and mic used but that is a lot of money and impossible to me (at least now hahaha, I'm 100% sure I will get them in 4 more years, that's one of my life goals).
So that's is why I'm asking you guys to help me with this, I'm looking for someone who can help me with DIs and Preamp reamps of the tones used on those albums so I can make a helix native/reaxis preset (whatever works best, i don't have a Axe fx unit yet but as soon as the fm3 is released I'm going to after it hahaha). I have a lot of experience with guitar tone (I've learned a lot trying to replicate those tones, so now I'm 100% sure I can recreate them) so a reamp of the real amp used will let me hear the gain structure and thats the missing part I haven't been able to replicate without a reference.

So, If you are willing to reamp some tracks for me using your amp and axe unit send me a message or leave a comment so I can send you the guide in how to do everything :)
Thanks!!

User @Guitarjon on this site solved this problem conclusively and decisively years ago. Just install his patches and fire up the backing track, it sounds darn near identical to the record

I've had a IIC+, Triaxis, Quad Preamp, everything Metallica has ever used...

50% of it is in Jamez' right hand, 50% is in Lars/James/The producers dialing it in in a $100,000+ signal chain onto tape.

Having a IIC+ got me no closer to Metallica's sound than not having one.

I would recommend a JC120 I love them and have 3.

The only thing the band used that I haven't owned is a CAE3+ Preamp and all of which is in any Axe Fx product

I've had a IIC+, Triaxis, Quad Preamp, everything Metallica has ever used...

50% of it is in Jamez' right hand, 50% is in Lars/James/The producers dialing it in in a $100,000+ signal chain onto tape.

Having a IIC+ got me no closer to Metallica's sound than not having one.

I would recommend a JC120 I love them and have 3.

The only thing the band used that I haven't owned is a CAE3+ Preamp and all of which is in any Axe Fx product
I already know, but why did you have to say that in this post? For me it's fun to get close to those tones and I haven't played a real life iic+ so I don't know how the gain structure reacts to the playing and that's why i want to know, obviously it's easier and faster to just buy Mikko amp presets but I'm not spending money on presets i can work out with the help of others, I don't know if you know what point I want to make.

I don't understand the point of your post- you're in a group for a guitar unit that you don't own... and want people to do like- do work for you?

Even something like Guitar Rig 5 is close enough... sure the Axe Fx is great- but- nothing is going to sound like that- without millions of dollars, the best engineers in the world, and cutting tape by hand with a razor.

I don't understand the point of your post- you're in a group for a guitar unit that you don't own... and want people to do like- do work for you?

Even something like Guitar Rig 5 is close enough... sure the Axe Fx is great- but- nothing is going to sound like that- without millions of dollars, the best engineers in the world, and cutting tape by hand with a razor.
Well, the point of my post is that I would like to know how does the Preamp of the original amp plus the eq used on those Metallica albums sound, it's hard (at least for me because I don't have experience with boogie amps plus I don't know how do I even start making a preset in helix and reaxis to get close to the real deal) because every time I'm trying to make a preset I have a hard time getting the tightness of the low end that a mark amp has and the only way to get better at matching Mesa mark series amps is to get a guitar DI track and the Preamp that when using that guitar, so i can start matching them wherever vst I want to use.
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but boogies forum is kinda dead (I haven't tried Facebook, I thought I'll get luckier here) so it's hard to find a person who will be willing to do what I need to get better at matching amps, that's all, after all, we are here to enjoy things we like, and I like to try to get close to tones just for the sake of doing it :)
Also, this part of the forum is Off topic, so not because I don't have a Axe unit I can't be there. I'm pretty sure you try to keep foreign people off of your country hahaha
Cheers!

Using a program like Curve EQ and some isolated tracks will let you do an EQ match in your daw.

Using a program like Curve EQ and some isolated tracks will let you do an EQ match in your daw.
Thanks, I've done that, but like I said, I'm having trouble recreating the low end tightness, if I use a low cut after doing the eq match, is not the same, if I use a Tubescreamer before doing the eq match, the high end is too "bright" and if I try to replicate real life boogie settings on helix it doesn't translate well because the boogie on helix is the mark 4 (and the mark 4 on the helix was modeled with way less "knobs"). If I try to use reaxis plugin, I can model the low end tightness but not with that precision and also its hard to pick the best Voice (the scoop curve) to do the final tone match. I think with reaxis is easier to do the tone match, but the problem is without a Preamp reference I don't know which voice I should pick, because I tried to tone match using different voices without a cab and the results are way off, and If I use a cab to tone match, the "hair" is missing and the mid range is weird, it doesn't translate very well.

That's why I'm asking for the guitar DI reamped on a mark iic+ preamp using the flemming Rasmussen notes with and without the graph eq, that way I can sculp a Preamp on helix and reaxis and then do a tone match using the best mix of ir's of the real cabinet used on that album.

And that's it hahaha :/

put a tube screamer in front of it to tighten it up. those boogies you have to roll the bass way off, or it's flub city.

Back
Top Bottom