Do you have a guitar that you miss?

I miss having my taylor 314ce that i bought last year and returned back because i couldn't justify having a really good guitar and being a beginner.

I'm gonna try and get it back this summer!

Last edited:
Yes, I bought my first Gibson LP in 1992. I was young and in the military. I had to put it in lay-away and make payments! It was a Cherry Sunburst. It was my dream guitar back then. I sold it in 1997 because I thought I was going to quit playing, and for a long while I did. Now that I have picked guitar up again, I wish I still had it for sentimental reasons. Now, I have several guitars that are worth more, but none are equal to what that guitar means to me.

I miss having my taylor 314ce that i bought last year and returned back because i couldn't justify having a really good guitar and being a beginner.

I'm gonna try and get it back this summer!

do it blindfolded
I was about to blow $3000 on a Taylor 514CE, or $1200 on a 214CE

the played 200 guitars blindfolded....
$750 Taylor 110 blew away the 514

Everyone says the lowest taylor you should get is a 300 series... because of the solid woods- the 100/300s have the same wood combination- i thought all the 300s didn't sound great-

also- you justified having an axe fx? but not a good guitar being a beginner?

also- if you're a beginner- you should get a good guitar- sound better, easier to play
you're more likely to keep playing it and not quit- and not have to replace it if you get a good guitar up front

at guitar center i saw once- a family buy their 15 yr old who never played before a $3000 PRS because they wanted to get him a good guitar that they wouldn't need to upgrade- that's overkill but a good acoustic is always overdue (it took me 15 yrs to get a good acoustic)

Gibson Flying V with Reverse Explorer Headstock.
I sold it for next to nothing and they ended up being quite rare.... :(

do it blindfolded

$750 Taylor 110 blew away the 514

Tried a 114ce that sounded amazing but then went back to Gc and i someone must have bought it because it just wasn't the same.

also- you justified having an axe fx? but not a good guitar being a beginner?

Nope don't have an axe fx yet sadly next year though!

also- if you're a beginner- you should get a good guitar- sound better, easier to play
you're more likely to keep playing it and not quit- and not have to replace it if you get a good guitar up front
Yup wish i knew that back then.(I knew i should've kept it because it was the first guitar that inspired me to play songs and not just practice on my technique for like 8-12hours a day)

I've had many guitars in circulation but the ones that I miss are my first good guitars. A rare Fender Strat and a Gibson LP Standard. Both were expensive and I sold them for cheap because I was playing lame ass brands like Ibanez which I'll never miss. :)

I miss all the ones you guys talk about on here that I don't own... :)

Actually, like cobbler I still own all the guitars I've bought except my first acoustics ( really cheap ones) and a Herman Li Ibanez that I didn't like.

My parents bought me a second hand PRS C24 for my 30th birthday. I sold it a couple months back to get a silverburst LP Custom. I regret that deeply. I have tried a lot of PRSs but this one really stood out in terms of tone and sound. It had that ridicoulus 5-way rotary pickup switch, that made it (at least for me) virtually unusable in live situations, but my god it "sang".

I had a '71 LP Goldtop. I was the 2nd owner. The first owner had gigged it south that it was actually legit relic'd with the paint worn off from his arm. That was my first REAL guitar. That same year I got my custom ESP and didn't even play it for a year because that LP was just fantastic.

Tragedy occurred when I left it in a locked practice room, like normal, at college as I used it for jazz band. Unbeknownst to me, there was a high school band festival going on and some idiot unlocked all the practice rooms. It was very obvious that something happened to the guitar as suddenly the neck joint was way looser than before. On a tuner it would jump 8 cents! It was a 1 cent guitar previously.

I took it to several local repair guys and they all recommended I send it back to Gibson. I called them and spoke to a dude named Tim, who was sympathetic and explained that it likely had an internal fissure in the joint. I sent him the guitar and waited. 3 weeks later I had heard nothing, so I called and some idiot answered Tim's phone. Tim didn't work there anymore and this new guy was going to check out the guitar. He called me back a couple days later saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with it and he doesn't even know how a neck joint could even cause that problem. He then said it needed new tuners, a new bridge and several knobs that got broke in shipping. Grrr....

I got the guitar back and they sent me green PLASTIC tuners stating that they simply don't use the nickel ones anymore.

I got several signed affidavits from certified repair guys and insurance cashed out on it. I miss that guitar.

I'm kind of regretting trading my old 12 string i owned for the last 7-8 yrs. its on the wall at guitar center for $150- maybe i'll pick it up for 100 (guy i traded it to sold it to guitar center).

I typically don't sell guitars I like-- hell- I didn't want to screw up my fav guitar by putting a sustainer system in it- in case something went wrong so I bought a copy of it.

32165_4713212102469_760059832_n.jpg

I had an original Telecaster Thinline with the 2 humbuckers back in the day. Those go for big bucks on ebay. I wish I would've kept that. I've been buying replicas of the guitars I used to own and that is the only one left to buy. I think I'll go for the cheaper new version.

there are two i miss - a jackson fusion plus identical to this one...

b17112.jpg

easily the fastest guitar i've ever played

and this gibson -

les_paul.JPG

the pic is a bit dark, but it was desertburst, easily my favourite finish on a les paul

I miss my westbury standard I had as a teenager, it was a great guitar and I traded it for stupid guitar that I don't even remember and I've regretted it ever since, not because of any value other than it was a great guitar to play

I don't think I miss any of the guitars I've sold.

There are a few basses I've sold that I wish I still had- a Warwick Streamer Stage II, a Modulus Quantum 5, a USA Peavey Cirrus, and a Spector Euro LX. But, they were sold to fund gear that I ended up using more so there's no regrets. Just wish that I could afford to keep old gear whenever I want to buy new gear.

Absolutely. I had a 1966 Guild Thunderbird that I sold. I was the original owner. (Please no replies telling me I'm a dumbass... I already know that). Coolest looking guitar I ever owned. Played great and just had the mojo. I'd love to have another. My current Jones is for another Suhr... guess the Thunderbird is going to have to wait.

A 1987 Ibanez Roadstar II. It was my first electric guitar. I was in acoustic guitar lessons for about a year and really wasn't digging it. My mom finally agreed to buy me an electric guitar after I told her I was very interested in playing electric. She took me to the music store around August of 1988. I went in looking for a Fender Strat, as I really didn't know what I wanted, but the Strat was a name I knew.

The sales guy had me try the Ibanez. It was last year's model and they were closing them out. It felt really good in my beginner hands, and they were letting it go for $175.

I played the snot out of that guitar. Years later, it had gone unplayed and lived in my closet. I had a friend who's son was looking to start guitar, so I gave it to him.

I really miss that guitar now. It was my first electric and has sentimental value. They go on Ebay now for around $300-400, but it's hard to find one that is exactly like mine. Most I see for sale have been "80s-ified". That is, they have aftermarket locking trem systems and hot pickups.

Though I have much better guitars now, I'd still love to have the Ibanez back. I've talked with the guy I gave it too, and his guitar interest didn't last. I even offered to pay him fair market value for the guitar, but he's since given it to a girl who's looking to start a music career.

I still have my first guitar a 1973 cherry burst les paul standard (5th grade, used was 1982) I have nearly every guitar I ever bought but a few sold with NO regrets as I just didnt fall in love with them.

Ive lost some good ones I'd love to have back - first acoustic 60's Guild F- something unusual guitar thin neck - first electric Gibson Melody Maker and Fender Twin I got for 200.00 100.00 for guitar 100.00 for amp from a friend of the parents . First guital I bought was a 74 or 75 strat saved up my money from mowing lawns cost like 499.00 somthing like that - that one got stolen and I bought a Gibson Firebird 76' with the insurance money - I proceded to butcher the Firebird with a Kahler tremelo system - I wanted to be EVH - lol . I still have the Firebird but it weighs a TON.

Back
Top Bottom