Do you actually wait 5 seconds for firmware reboot?

I switch it off, then go to the kitchen to grab a snack, and turn it on then I get back.

Best Brownie Recipe

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar*
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted if lumpy
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted if lumpy
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 3/4 teaspoons sea salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup canola oil or extra-virgin olive oil**
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Instructions
  • Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly spray an 8x8 baking dish (not a 9x9 dish or your brownies will overcook) with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper.
  • In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, and salt.
  • In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil, water, and vanilla.
  • Sprinkle the dry mix over the wet mix and stir until just combined.
  • Pour the batter into the prepared pan (it'll be thick - that's ok) and use a spatula to smooth the top. Bake for 40 to 48 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs attached (note: it's better to pull the brownies out early than to leave them in too long). Cool completely before slicing.*** Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. These also freeze well!
Notes
*If you'd like to reduce the sugar, I've had success with 1 cup granulated sugar instead of 1 1/2 cups.

**I like to use olive oil because it's what I keep on hand and I enjoy the pairing of olive oil with chocolate. Keep in mind that you will taste it here. For a more neutral flavor, use canola oil.

***When these brownies come out of the oven, they'll be super gooey in the middle. Allow them to cool completely, about 2 hours, before you slice into them to give them a chance to set up. They'll continue to firm up the longer they're out of the oven. If you still prefer a firmer brownie, store them in the fridge.
You spray the pan, line it with parchment paper, then spray that too? I'm not super experienced, or super techie about making them, but I think I've had pretty good luck just spraying the pan. No?

You spray the pan, line it with parchment paper, then spray that too? I'm not super experienced, or super techie about making them, but I think I've had pretty good luck just spraying the pan. No?
My mom used Crisco, wiping a coating on the pan, back when dirt was rocks and non-stick pans were a pipe dream.

Guys.......you NEVER need to grease parchment paper. Come on. Quick tip for the pizza stone: make your pizza on parchment paper before putting it in the oven. Put it on the stone, paper and all. Wait maybe 90 seconds (or about a half of a firmware cycle at most) then use the pizza peel to remove the paper. Saves trying to get it off the peel and works like a charm.

Is the wait to let power supply capacitors discharge so the Axe will not see it as a power brownout and properly reboot? I remember having stereo amplifiers that could run up to 10 seconds after losing power. I hope the Axe FX has enough power supply capacitance to let it run at least a couple seconds in the event incoming AC power dips a bit.

Install firmware as per instructions.
Switch Off Axe FX III
Play a rocket launch countdown video 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - Blast Off! Liftoff achieved.
Switch on Axe FX III for system diagnostics and preflight checks.
"Ground Control to Major Tom: You are now free to rock on."

Back
Top Bottom