Do We Need A Forum For All Fractal Modelers?

22 frets

Experienced
Seems like I find myself often needing to post information or ask questions that are generic to all Fractal modelers. So then I have to ask myself which forum should I use so as to reach the widest audience. If I put the post in the Axe-Fx III, will it be seen by FM3 users and FM9 users? I don’t want to miss out on reaching the most forum members and I don’t want to put the same post out 3 times and get the moderators in an uproar. 😂

Anyone else run into this? Would another sub-forum called Fractal Modelers - All or Fractal Modelers - General be of use?

+1. Whether it's "needed" or not; not sure. But I do find myself looking at Fractal in an across the board basis vs compartmentalizing this unit from that one.

+1

You should be able to tag your post with flair like Reddit (cesspool of a site, but their flair works). Something to that effect.

I know Fractal staff are very busy these days, but seems like it would be a fairly easy change for one of the Forum Admins, no?

Agreed, would be handy to have a general Fractal unit discussion

It'd definitely help spread knowledge of what these units are capable of

It’s a nice idea, but people, being people, won’t pay attention and will still post in the wrong spot so the problem will continue.

IF the culture of the forum was more attentive and immediately directed misplaced threads to the appropriate places then there might be a chance of a “general” sub-forum working, but that change in organizational habits is highly unlikely to happen. We’d still see general in specific sub-forums and specific in the general sub-forum.

Again, people being people ….

Adding a new sub-forum would be easy.

The next request would be to merge the current FX3, FM9 and FM3 sub-forums except for modeler-specific questions, and who is going to do the curating?

It’s a nice idea, but people, being people, won’t pay attention and will still post in the wrong spot so the problem will continue.

IF the culture of the forum was more attentive and immediately directed misplaced threads to the appropriate places then there might be a chance of a “general” sub-forum working, but that change in organizational habits is highly unlikely to happen. We’d still see general in specific sub-forums and specific in the general sub-forum.

Again, people being people ….
Could we have a forum about people being people? I would post there continuously.

I would leave the discussion forums as they are, one per modeler.

But
I would merge all the wish forums in only one place.

Wishes for AxeFX, FM9, FM3, FC6/12, and the corresponding software editors can be interesting for all forumites.

It also would be better to avoid duplicated wishes,.

Last edited:
So, how should it be organized in terms of categories and subcategories?

Also, how would someone, for example, who does not own an FM3 or FM9 know that their Axe-Fx III question is universally relevant?

So, how should it be organized in terms of categories and subcategories?

Also, how would someone, for example, who does not own an FM3 or FM9 know that their Axe-Fx III question is universally relevant?
@Admin M@
Hmmmm …. Good questions. 🤔

As far as organization, I was thinking something like this -

- All Fractal Models Discussion

- FM9 Discussion
xxxxxx
Xxxxxx
Xxxxxx

- FM3 Discussion
Xxxxx
xxxxx
Xxxxx

- AX-FX III Discussion
Xxxxx
Xxxxx
Xxxxx

etc.

As far as how would someone unfamiliar with other models know to use the All Models sub-forum, I assume they would continue to choose the forum for their model.

I do see the difficulty posed by your questions and I appreciate your consideration.

I also think Yek‘s proposal might be a good compromise solution.

Last edited:
Seems like people with a III could give an answer that is correct for their usage but may not be possible on a FM3, or II for example, and then it would create even more confusion.

Or let’s say the IIi had a new firmware and new features but the fm3 or 9 don’t have that available yet, and you see people talking about a feature, new amp model etc you don’t have yet ? More confusion....

Some things are cross product applicable, but a lot of stuff is rather specific to the given hardware model

How about just cross-post, but actually do it responsibly?
Let me expand on this a little. Cross-posting receives a lot of negativity because… it’s annoying? It strikes a nerve when someone sees a duplicate post? In reality, it’s probably the most elegant solution to this problem.

For example, let’s say you have a question that applies to both the FM3 and a DAW. Post the thread in both the FM3 Discussion and DAWs and Recording Forums. Someone will inevitably complain with a snarky response, but in reality, it’s just an extra thread. How much space on the server does an extra thread occupy? Unless someone is physically watching for a duplicate thread, what is the problem?

Cross-post responsibly and ignore the people who complain about it. Problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom