Do we have a Definitive FC-12 configuration?

Wastwood

i had a FC-6 with the FM3 and loved the OMG9 which is as perfect as you can get, but is there an equivalent for the FC-12 which i am using now with my Axe FX?

i had a FC-6 with the FM3 and loved the OMG9 which is as perfect as you can get, but is there an equivalent for the FC-12 which i am using now with my Axe FX?
Not an OMG12 per se, because of the different numbers of available switches, but it’s pretty easy to build something functionally similar. I’ll take a look at my FC12 layout and see how close it is. I’m not near my computer or rig right now.

In the meantime, it’s not hard to figure out how the layouts work, even the OMG ones, so back your current layouts up to disk, nose around through the layouts, and try things. You should pick up how the layouts work quickly, if you don’t then you can reload the layouts and try again.

Last edited:
Not an OMG12 per se, because of different numbers of available switches, but it’s pretty easy to build something functionally similar. I’ll take a look at my FC12 layout and see how close it is. I’m not near my computer or rig right now.

In the meantime, it’s not hard to figure out how the layouts work, even the OMG ones, so back your current layouts up to disk, and nose around through the layouts and try things. You should pick up how the layouts work quickly, naïf you don’t then you can reload the layouts and try again.
Sounds Great!

Here's a duplicate of the OMG9 setup but for the FC-12 alone. Set your bank size to 6 in FC Config. Layouts 7 and 8 are not used at all. The top 3 left switches are not used (since they are physically not there in the OMG setup), but you can assign whatever you want in those spots. I'm working on a more efficient version that makes use of all the FC-12 switches as well and will post it here shortly.

NOTE: back up all your existing layouts before loading these so you can go back if you want.

Attachments

• OMG9onFC12.fclayout
    93.3 KB · Views: 16
Quick Note: If you have a MK 2 Axe III, you will need to update the Upper Limit parameter of the Bank up and Bank down switches in Layout 1 (PRESETS) so you can get to all of the presets. My MK 1 has only 512 presets, so upper limit is 85 on mine with a bank size of 6. Enter 999 for the upper limit and it will automatically select the highest bank possible on the MK 2 and Turbo units with 1024 presets.

Last edited:
Here's the modified OMG9 setup. I called it OMG12. It uses all the FC-12 switches and I added a Per-Preset layout as well (hold the scenes switch). There's still 2 unused layouts left, so customize all you want.
there only one thing, when you press bank up it goes in increments of 9, and i only have 6 banks on screen, so everytime i press bank up i dont see 3 presets on the screen

I'm new to the FC-12 and am looking for the best layout for my needs. Can anyone clue me in to what OMG stands for other than "Oh my God"?

Hi, can anyone help me? I have a fc-12 with The fm3. I'm trying build a similar layout that the axe3 have for setlist but i don't know how....😭

howdy all. has the omg12 worked well with the FM9? Any issues/tips? Thank you!
Not really because the OMG12 layout can only work with the FX3 and the FC12. The FM9+FC6 would have OMG15 (9+6=15) or FM9+FC12 to create OMG21 (9+12=21)

There’s a spin on the original OMG9 called “OFM9G” on the FM9 which is a modified version of the FM3+FC6 layout.

The Fractal Layout Manager makes it pretty easy to create your own personal layouts. The “OMG” versions are a bit more complicated, mostly because they take advantage of some of the deeper magic to help make it easier to navigate through presets, scenes, effects, the looper, etc.

I have my own version of OFM9G for my FM9, and created my own version of OMG12 also, because I like to use the switches and layouts a bit differently. Everyone’s mileage varies.

Back
Top Bottom