Do these impedance curves look correct?

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
This is my first time attempting to do this, @FractalAudio , so please be patient with me.

I got the Dayton Audio DATS V3 system to measure impedance curves, so I figured I would do a test with the Traynor 2X15 with EVM-15L speakers to see if I am doing this correctly after calibrating everything and reading the instructions twice.

Can you take a look?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13NR-R9K6diQvtsLTGRiR3avATYBX3lyC?usp=sharing

My goal is to be able to share these with you for interesting speaker/cab combinations that I come across in the future.

The small peaks you see along the line, instead, should be the effect of room reflections and noise (both acoustical, since the speaker can also work as a mic, and EMI).
When doing multiple measurements you can see them change, especially if you move the cab around the room.

The small peaks you see along the line, instead, should be the effect of room reflections and noise (both acoustical, since the speaker can also work as a mic, and EMI).
When doing multiple measurements you can see them change, especially if you move the cab around the room.
Thanks for this. So the measurements should be done in my recording space.

I was not aware of this. Thanks so much.

Thanks for this. So the measurements should be done in my recording space.

I was not aware of this. Thanks so much.
A quiet and large space would be better for sure, I don't know if those imperfections are really hearable though

Back
Top Bottom