Do the IRs in Axe-Fx III overlap commercial offerings?

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
Like most folks, I used other modelers before the III, so I have a bunch of third party IRs. Some are from makers that also did some of the factory stuff -- ML, Ownhammer, Celestion, Dr Bonkers, etc.

So far on the III, I've just stayed with the factory cabs, but I'm still so new to it that there's a ton of everything that I haven't explored.

Anyone want to say anything general about which factory cabs overlap which commercial packs? Not in the sense of similar, but being actually the same, so I don't even need to decide anything about them, just skip.

And before I get pounced for "well what exactly are you looking for, start there", nothing in particular. I've just never had enough room to have many on board, made it hard to investigate them, and now I do, so I will, at some point. It's not urgent, so much else to explore, just thinking ahead.

Like most folks, I used other modelers before the III, so I have a bunch of third party IRs. Some are from makers that also did some of the factory stuff -- ML, Ownhammer, Celestion, Dr Bonkers, etc.

So far on the III, I've just stayed with the factory cabs, but I'm still so new to it that there's a ton of everything that I haven't explored.

Anyone want to say anything general about which factory cabs overlap which commercial packs? Not in the sense of similar, but being actually the same, so I don't even need to decide anything about them, just skip.

And before I get pounced for "well what exactly are you looking for, start there", nothing in particular. I've just never had enough room to have many on board, made it hard to investigate them, and now I do, so I will, at some point. It's not urgent, so much else to explore, just thinking ahead.
The Valhallir-IRs in the III's stock cab section for example are from the older IR-series, and most of them are not available anymore from our store, which have been changed for the V2-series cab packs (which are all new IR-shots).

Regards, Andy
Valhallir.at

They do overlap with cab packs previously offered in our store, which in many cases are created by the same people using the same cabs as various 3rd party offerings. However, the overlap is specifically designed to be a SAMPLER. If you like a particular cab, you should be able to expand on this by tracking down who made it and looking for additional IRs. There are some exceptions, but you should be able to confirm you're getting something new.

How would you figure out which of your third party wav format IRs weren't the same as any of the factory cabs?
To my knowledge, all of the factory cabs come from Fractal exclusive Cab Packs, meaning they’re sold through Fractal’s website and only contain .syx and .ir files. Any Cab Pack in WAV format will be a different set of IR’s, so there is no overlap between WAV format packs and Fractal factory cabs.

As @unix-guy said, you can convert WAV files in Cab-Lab Lite, or you can directly import them in Axe-Edit with Axe-Manage Cabs found in Tools.

To my knowledge, all of the factory cabs come from Fractal exclusive Cab Packs, meaning they’re sold through Fractal’s website and only contain .syx and .ir files. Any Cab Pack in WAV format will be a different set of IR’s, so there is no overlap between WAV format packs and Fractal factory cabs.

As @unix-guy said, you can convert WAV files in Cab-Lab Lite, or you can directly import them in Axe-Edit with Axe-Manage Cabs found in Tools.
The part where the overlap is zero is relevant I'd say ;)

I know about conversion, that's not the issue. Just trying not to spend time separately evaluating third party cabs that are already in the factory collection.

Back
Top Bottom