Do the Axe-FX Units Ship with a Manual?

Hi S - yes they all have a manual supplied in the box when new. I know that you could download it but as for printing it, that's another thing entirely because it's 201 pages!! That's a lot of ink :)

Hi S - yes they all have a manual supplied in the box when new. I know that you could download it but as for printing it, that's another thing entirely because it's 201 pages!! That's a lot of ink :)
Thanks much for the reply! I think I'll just print the 42-page quick start guide to wet my whistle and wait for the full manual in the box! :)

I downloaded it a few days ago myself to get some insight before it arrives. I have a feeling I am about to hit a major learning curve, going from a guitar head into a rack with pedals and a loop switcher. Should be fun though matching the tones of my favorite rack gear, pedals and heads, and then pusing those tones further than I can now with the Axe. Joe

The full owner's manual is only available on the Fractal website. If you want a hard copy, you'll have to print it out. It's a great reference, so read it as many times as you can. Keep in mind though that the most recent revision of the manual is from FW 15, so a few details will be outdated. Mostly it's just missing any new models and a few parameter changes here and there, so the bulk of the information is still accurate and very useful.

The Axe II Wiki is a great reference as well.
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Axe-Fx_II_Wiki_Home

I highly recommend purchasing one of the instructional courses with Cooper Carter at creative live. It's hours of video that you can do little by little. It really helped get me started on the axe.

I highly recommend purchasing one of the instructional courses with Cooper Carter at creative live. It's hours of video that you can do little by little. It really helped get me started on the axe.
Exactly !! The manual will become a reference for you when you search specific things (pluging cables and setting some parameters maybe) but for the most part, you will learn almost everything from tutorials like the ones from Cooper Carter ( highly recommended. )

Should be fun though matching the tones of my favorite rack gear, pedals and heads,
I recently dove in to learn the ax8 with no previous experience. One piece of advice that I thought was very useful was to create a few presets from scratch using a few amp models that catch your ear and stick with just those few for a while. I think the questions and answers come in a logical progression that way and for me things were easier to remember.

Back
Top Bottom